Just got my 1st Todd Begg Steelcraft

Just got my first Todd Begg Steelcraft - Field Marshall. Loving the fit and finish. Now I have a Bodega and another Field Marshall coming in. I fell in love with Todd’s designs and the Steelcraft series provided me with options to not break the bank. So my question is, Why is there hardly anyone on this forum and not posting any pics?

Last edited:
I'm not even sure I knew this forum was here - I mainly browse New Posts...but, since you want to see pics, here's one from the first time I carried my SC Bodega
HhPOtUA.jpg

Cool pic. I’ll be posting some soon - what picture host did you use? I can’t just put some on this thread from my iPhone . But thanks- ok figured it out.

Last edited:
Nice. Have always liked the look of those Bodegas but that saw-tooth lockbar has always scared me off. Just not a fan of sharp edged lock bars and this one with the saw teeth I’m unsure about and can’t check one out ahead of time, so....

But boy, loooove everything else about em! Yours has a fan pattern I have not seen anywhere til now. Cool.

The lock bar edge isn’t sharp at all.actually helps with releasing. I didn’t even really notice it was there till it was brought up. Take care.

Very nice Francisco! I'm getting my 1st Field Marshall this week. The black and silver one. That gold one is beautiful!

Very nice Francisco! I'm getting my 1st Field Marshall this week. The black and silver one. That gold one is beautiful!
Congrats Dugedug I know you’ll love it. The fit and finish is awesome. Sucks Reate may not be producing steelcraft anymore. At least you grabbed one .

Beautiful knives! I like the colors you went with. A Field Marshall is my next knife from this series. Where did you purchase these from? I'm pretty late to this Steelcraft Party.

Have always liked the look of those Bodegas but that saw-tooth lockbar has always scared me off. Just not a fan of sharp edged lock bars and this one with the saw teeth I’m unsure about and can’t check one out ahead of time, so....

The lock bar edge isn’t sharp at all.actually helps with releasing. I didn’t even really notice it was there till it was brought up.
As Francisco t. noted, the lock bar edge isn't sharp... but I found it quite offputting when I first got mine. Enough so that I put the knife away and didn't touch it for months. (I think I might even have briefly posted it for sale.) Then, for whatever reason, I stuck it in my pocket again... and was surprised to note that the lockbar didn't bother me at all. I still have that SC Bodega, and it finds its way into my pocket a few times/month.
Admittedly, I still find myself wanting a Glimpse; but I haven't jumped on one, yet. I've also caught myself wondering about the Mini Bodega (and 3" XM18); but my knife budget has been diverted to other things, and I recognize that I don't NEED more knives (at least not right now).

So, is Begg knives dead or what? No one ever posts anything here any more and no new threads this whole year so far.

Nope where still alive. Its been a long year. o_O
You thought 2019 was a long year, holy Christ buckle up for 2020 my friend. No but seriously knivesshipfree sells these field marshal’s for $184 for non damasteel and $310 if you want damasteel, 60%off, incredible value but they are selling fast so better move.

Last edited:
Back