Just got my Dragonfly 2

Hey guys, so I just got my serrated Dragonfly 2 today. I have to say, I'm definitely impressed with it. It came razor sharp, and I of course cut myself within minutes :rolleyes: This is my first spyderco and I really like the spydie hole. My usual EDC is a skyline, and although the flipper is much quicker, the hole is very comfortable and quick as well. I was a little worried about the lockup because I had read that lock backs usually have some blade play, but mine came as solid as my skyline's liner lock. The pocket clip is a little too tight, but I'm sure that will get worked in. i did some quick box and zip-tie cutting to test the serrations vs my plain edge skyline, and I have to say I don't notice much difference. Maybe my technique was wrong, or my expectation were too high, but I though a flat ground serrated blade would fly through these materials much quicker that a hollow ground plain edge. Other than this, it seems to be an all around great knife! To anyone thinking of getting one, I definitely recommend the plain edge version.

The Dragonfly rules; it's very capable relative to its diminutive size. Got one for my mother and she's used the crap out of it.
Enjoy! :)

Back