Just got my first Kizer Ki5414A1 - slow flipping

Ok, first Kizer, Ki5414A1. It seems very reluctant to open, even with a aggressive flipping motion (no wrist action). I understand it is a 4 inch blade, but is there anything i can do to loosen the action a bit so it opens more freely -- a lot more freely?

Thanks is advance.

1st would be to oil the pivot and detent. If that still doesn't work, adjust the pivot. Last but not least, a full take down, clean and lube (possible polishing of the washers also). I had the tan version of this which had no flipper tab, studs only and it opened just fine that way. Does it fire open easily that way?

It doesn't fire open either way..been trying to work it some to see if it will loosen up a bit. I'll try the oil when I get home today.

Thanks for the response.

Just keep opening it. There is a brief break-in period of a few hundred cycles for most large flippers.

The Kizer KI440X flipper that I just received is also very tight and does not flip very well. But, I keep working the pivot and put some Nano oil on it and it is loosening up. I know from experience that the phosphorus bronze washers take a while to work in. I prefer it to be tight at first and then loosen rather than loose and get sloppy.

Back