Just got my first Reate

DrRollinstein

Basic Member
And wow, I'm not sure what I expected, but this knife is incredible. Visually and just how it was built. I might like this more than the We's I've had even.

Most of the Reates I've seen are either too big or too weird. But the Wave is crazy good. Might have to try a torrent or something next.

Recommended!

FB_IMG_1561699077711.jpg

And wow, I'm not sure what I expected, but this knife is incredible. Visually and just how it was built. I might like this more than the We's I've had even.

Most of the Reates I've seen are either too big or too weird. But the Wave is crazy good. Might have to try a torrent or something next.

Recommended!

View attachment 1152278

I’ve had these in my cart many times (including once this week), but haven’t quite hit the point of pulling the trigger. I love the look of it, and the size is right. Reate is going great things with their steel. Reports of the action are great. The hesitation has been that I use my folders a lot at work, prefer to be around .015” behind the edge, and have never heard a report of the grind on these.

I might wind up flopping on one sooner or later, anyway.

They are addictive. I don't own that one, but most of the big weird ones.
About the same size as the Torrent is the Valhalla, it's great except for too stiff clip.
The first series of Torrent in m390 are around if that matters to you.

Back