1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Just got my first Reate

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by DrRollinstein, Jun 28, 2019.

1. DrRollinstein

DrRollinstein Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    And wow, I'm not sure what I expected, but this knife is incredible. Visually and just how it was built. I might like this more than the We's I've had even.

Most of the Reates I've seen are either too big or too weird. But the Wave is crazy good. Might have to try a torrent or something next.

Recommended!

FB_IMG_1561699077711.jpg

TenShun705, Mo2 and Banter 247 like this.
  2. Banter 247

Banter 247

Feb 22, 2019
    I’ve had these in my cart many times (including once this week), but haven’t quite hit the point of pulling the trigger. I love the look of it, and the size is right. Reate is going great things with their steel. Reports of the action are great. The hesitation has been that I use my folders a lot at work, prefer to be around .015” behind the edge, and have never heard a report of the grind on these.

I might wind up flopping on one sooner or later, anyway.

3. miso2

miso2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Congrats on the score!
    Beautiful knife.

4. shoegazer

shoegazer Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2015
    They are addictive. I don't own that one, but most of the big weird ones.
    About the same size as the Torrent is the Valhalla, it's great except for too stiff clip.
    The first series of Torrent in m390 are around if that matters to you.

5. falar

falar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2012
    I love my JACK, K-2, and K-3.