Just got my first SOG

I received a SOG CrossCut for my birthday. It is beautifully machined and hefty for such a tiny tool. Wonderfully crafted. Now of course I have to get a CrossGrip!

For those of you who have these mini-tools, how do you carry them? Looks like the toothed gears would tear holes in one's pocket if the vinyl sheath is not used.

Are better sheaths available? I'm looking for sturdy cordura nylon. Maybe even a neck sheath.

Hi Cardimon,

The CrossCut is a great little tool about which to be excited. And yes, that CrossGrip needs to be next!
smile.gif

I haven't heare any concerns about about the gears causing the problem you have described, but you may wish to keep it in the pouch to make sure. The gears are smoother than keys, so keys would pose a greater concern. At this time, no other pouches are available through SOG.

------------------
Ron Andersen
Consumer Services Manager
SOG Specialty Knives, Inc.

Email: ron@sogknives.com

[This message has been edited by Ron@SOG (edited 02-27-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ron@SOG:
At this time, no other pouches are available through SOG.
</font>

Does any other vendor make sheaths suitable for the CrossCut or CrossGrip?

Hi Cardimon,

I'm not familiar with any specific vendor, but what I might suggest is to check your yellow pages for leather workers in your area. I have a custom leather pouch for my gold TiNi CrossCut and it is a nice touch of class and well made. It is constructed very similarly to the standard vinyl pouch and is held on by friction.

If there is anything else you need, just ask away.

------------------
Ron Andersen
Consumer Services Manager
SOG Specialty Knives, Inc.

Email: ron@sogknives.com

Back