Just ordered a 14" Mutiny...

maybe another week or so and you should be getting forge updates :)

Any updates on your Mutiny yet? I'm pretty sure my next two orders will be a 14" Mutiny and a historical/default options MK-1. I'm forcing myself to wait until I get some experience with my Ek Chirra, mostly in case I decide I'd rather have the 15.5" Mutiny instead. I'm already second guessing my Ek Chirra build (would I have preferred the rat tail over full tang? 13" rather than 11"?) but i'm sure it'll be a fine khukuri and a great experience.

Mutiny is awesome. Image hosting isn’t working currently so I can’t upload a photo.

On a side note, how do you sharpen these?

I like to use rounded diamond rods, like the buck ultra steel. I'm told this is just a rebranded item, maybe from jewel stick?

I often like a ceramic rod to finish and for touch ups.

I know there are other ways on youtube that better retain the convex edge, but this works for me, is easy, and makes ut easier for me to maintain in the field with either a small ceramic rod or the flipstick from buck (again, rebranded from someone else).

Mutiny is awesome. Image hosting isn’t working currently so I can’t upload a photo.

On a side note, how do you sharpen these?
I use sandpaper and leather strops.
Just in case you're not familiar with this method, place sandpaper on a mouse pad/leather strop. Place the blade on it and angle it so the edge touches the sandpaper, then while applying very little pressure, pull it away. Repeat on both sides to remove burr until it is sharp and strop it on leather using the same method. The grit of the sandpaper varies on how dull your edge is. I usually use 600-1200. I also use a ceramic rod when the edge just needs a little touch up, or after the sandpaper process.

I love my 14" Mutiny and I got the large black micarta handle with an kydex sheath. I've been so busy I haven't given it a full work out but on the little I did, it's a "finesse beast" - it has a lot of power but you wouldn't expect it from a blade so light. It's not an axe or a heavy chopper... it's more about speed than pure mass. A formidable weapon for sure, but can do double duty as a light chopper.

Mine was not as sharp as I prefer so I spent about 15 minutes on my Ken Onion Worksharp Blade Grinder and it gave me a nice mirror convex.

A 14" mutiny does not much around! They can bite very, very deep especially in softer green wood. Be careful with them though and use with consideration especially when tired- very easy to overswing and have knife meet kneecap. I'll often chop while kneeling if dropping trees nice and low. Better angles and safer too.
Glad you're having fun with your blade :)

Honestly it was the continuous curve of the spine that attracted me the first place.... i already have a couple of "bent leg" kukris :)
But the performance is top notch and it doesn't feel like I'm lugging around a boat anchor!

I meant 2.5-3”

It easily goes through 2” trees. I cut straight down towards the ground like a hatchet mostly
Hello , would it be possible to give any further information on how the 14" sirupate performs in a practical situation and is that with the standard or performance grind ? Thanks

Hello , would it be possible to give any further information on how the 14" sirupate performs in a practical situation and is that with the standard or performance grind ? Thanks
I have the mutiny in 14”. It’s a performance grind. What type of practical situation are you talking about? I’ve cut paracord, cut down trees and branches and cut some paper signs that were laminated on trees and filled with water.

Back