Just ordered a new Small Classic Sebenza

Thanks to the forum members for all the information here re: Sebenzas and other knifes as well.

This was a big jump for me from a Benchmade 705 to the Sebenza, mostly in terms of price. I recognize the quality of the knife, the workmanship, guarantee from the company and the many positive experiences from the forum members.

I went with the Small Classic at first because of the 3.50 inch knife law here in Colorado and that it appears, through 'testing' that the smaller Sebbie fits a bit better/more comfortable in my front pocket as an EDC.

Hey who knows, if I like this, is the Large the next step?

Jerry S.
Denver, Colorado

Originally posted by Climb14er
Hey who knows, if I like this, is the Large the next step?

The large, then an inlay or decorated model, or maybe strait to customs...

Congrats on the small Sebbie. I think you will be more than just a little pleased with it. ;) Next you could get a large...or a small regular...or a Mnandi... :confused:
Better start saving your pennies.
My list stands at:
small regular Sebenza
small classic Sebenza
Umfaan
Mnandi/bocote inlay
I think there's a large classic Sebbie in my not too distant future.

Paul

Smart choice.

The small is not a compromise.
It is a superb knife; one that I
used three times this year to field dress
deer. Plenty big enough for any "domestic"
challenge....
Yes, I also own a large Sebbie.
Congrats....great knife.

Great choice, you won't be dissapointed. I had a small regular that I was forced to sell but I received a small classic wood inlay from my wife for Christmas this year. I absolutly love it. After handling both I actually prefer the classic over the regular, but both are great. I find the small to be the perfect size for my EDC. Big enough to do everything I need and small enough not to be scary to the sheeple. Someday I'll probably get a large too, but for now I'm extremely happy with the one I have.

Congratulations on your decision. You will not be disappointed with your choice. IMHO, the Sebbies still represent the finest of the production folders.(At just about the price of customs:eek: )

Best of luck with it. Come back and let us know your reactions to it.:) :)

congrats to you. I was fortunate to have a good friend living in Boise who was a friend of Chris Reeve. He allowed us a personal tour of his shop and got to see knives being made. He is a great guy and craftsman. Still haven't got one myself but sure look forward to getting one.

Well St. J and Paul have pretty much summed up your life ahead! Life is hard..........but someone has to do it!!:eek: :cool: :D

Excellent choice!! I love my small Sebbie (regular design). To me it is the perfect size for an EDC and as someone said earlier "small is not a compromise". Be sure to post a pic when it arrives.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I should be receiving it Tuesday this coming week and the seller/dealer has three, and he's cherry picking one for me, not that any are different from the other according to him.

I don't have a digital camera, sorry, but I'm sure that most if not all of you know what the Small Classic Sebenzas look like. :) I'll post my initial thoughts.

Best, Jerry S.

Yay, another Coloradan! I love my small regular Benza, I'm sure you'll like your Classic. :D

Ash

im sure you will have many great times with your sebbie...enjoy and use it in good health.

Originally posted by Climb14er
I should be receiving it Tuesday this coming week and the seller/dealer has three, and he's cherry picking one for me, not that any are different from the other according to him.

Waiting for a knife makes for a long weekend for sure. I have my 2003 set of wood inlays in UPS' hands right now and am just drooling over the delivery.

One of the great things about CRK is the consistancy of the products. Chris does not like anything to leave his shop with his name on it unless it is right. Rest assured that if you are not 100% happy they will make sure to take care of it. That is one of the reasons I like to buy direct from the company (that and Bridget is such a sweetheart that any excuse to talk to her will brighten your day!), you get to deal with the people who make the magic happen.

Well, the Sebenza arrived earlier this afternoon. Not bad when you consider that I ordered it late Friday afternoon and the dealer got it in the Priority Mail on Sat. morning.

I've got to say, it's one beautiful knife. I've seen the large and small Sebbies from some friends but when my own arrived, I was very impressed with the Small Classic S30V.

This is the perfect EDC size for me. Fits my hand and pocket very well. The frame lock is dead right on, blade perfectly centered, fit and finish fantastic, immaculate blade, incredibly sharp, impressive.

To be honest, I think that I have the two best EDC's on the market. This Sebenza and my Benchmade 705 with the drop point and same length blade, G-10, axis, built like a tank. I'll probably carry the Sebenza most of the time and with my dress pants, take along the Benchmade.

I think that I'll start to brake in the Sebenza and get use to the frame lock and feel of the titanium.

Again, I appreciate all the great comments and info on the board and for everyone extending a warm welcome to me. Thanks!

Jerry S.

am jealous...the opening is smooth correct? Sometimes the smaller body knives there isn't as much room to put your hand around it for one handed opening. In the dimensions I looked at it looked like there was plenty to rest in the palm.
You do have quite a combo of carry's.
congrats..

Back