Just ordered my Imamba

You guys are a bunch of bad influences. As much as I love knives, I really don’t care for busy designs. I figured I’d just live out my days carrying Sebenza”s and OTF Microtechs.
I hadn’t been on this site much, but I fell in love with this knife instantly. Plain Ti flipper with bronze washers.
It’s going to be a long 9 weeks or so.

You guys are a bunch of bad influences. As much as I love knives, I really don’t care for busy designs. I figured I’d just live out my days carrying Sebenza”s and OTF Microtechs.
I hadn’t been on this site much, but I fell in love with this knife instantly. Plain Ti flipper with bronze washers.
The last knife I ordered from a maker was a Sebenza. That was years ago. I’m at now waiting on an AB iMamba. I told them I don’t mind waiting till Christmas. I don’t want such a well made thing rushed.

It takes the time it takes but it’s been along time since I’ve been excited about a knife.

Good for you bud. I'm looking to order one as well I'm wanting a an IMAMBA in mammoth but I can't decide if I want the flipper delete or if there is enough purchase for my grubby mitts to operate it without a flipper. I also seen a thumbstud mod done that I really liked so I'm fence sitting at the moment.

Good for you bud. I'm looking to order one as well I'm wanting a an IMAMBA in mammoth but I can't decide if I want the flipper delete or if there is enough purchase for my grubby mitts to operate it without a flipper. I also seen a thumbstud mod done that I really liked so I'm fence sitting at the moment.
I think you'll be happy either way. You probably won't be able to thumb flick it since the fuller is a bit far down for that, but it works great for a slow roll, and the reverse flick is no problem either.

I think you'll be happy either way. You probably won't be able to thumb flick it since the fuller is a bit far down for that, but it works great for a slow roll, and the reverse flick is no problem either.
That's what I hope I think I may pull the trigger and if I was unhappy I could always add a stud later

Prolly a lot shorter than nine weeks.

I ordered a PJ at the beginning of October, 9 weeks lead time. I decided to change the order to Desert Ironwood inlays a week or so later.
I got the DHL tracking number send to me a few days ago, ETA (from S.A to Iceland) is tomorrow, Friday.

Last edited:
The last knife I ordered from a maker was a Sebenza. That was years ago. I’m at now waiting on an AB iMamba. I told them I don’t mind waiting till Christmas. I don’t want such a well made thing rushed.

That's what I hope I think I may pull the trigger and if I was unhappy I could always add a stud later

The flipper looks to pretty low profile compared to a lot of knives. I didn’t really think I cared much for a flipper, but they are pretty handy. I lost my PM3 and decided to carry a Spyderco domino I had and have enjoyed the flipper.

I’ve been able to spydie flick mine with my middle finger. 🤣 I am going to get rid of the flipper tab one day, I think it looks better. I just converted mine to washers from bearings and it is oh sooooo nice! It’s my second favorite folder after the Sebenza 21. View attachment 2377318
I dont really get the love fornthe sebenza, 21 or 31. I own both. For me, the imamba is the perfect knife. I suppose we all have our likes and dislikes! Beautiful knife

After I replaced the PB washers with the bearings that also came with the knife I can do the thumb flick, reverse flick and obviously the flick with the flipper tab. All with ease.

Got my knife!
It is as close to my ideal of perfect as a knife gets. The size, grip shape, fit and finish it’s all there. Every bit as well made as the gold standard Sebenza. They are similar, but this is definitely its own deal.
Speaking of perfect. The only thing I would love to see is a sheepsfoot version. Everything else is spot on from my first impression. I also feel like I’m going to be happy with the RWL 34 as really like CPM154.

Got my knife!
It is as close to my ideal of perfect as a knife gets. The size, grip shape, fit and finish it’s all there. Every bit as well made as the gold standard Sebenza. They are similar, but this is definitely its own deal.
Speaking of perfect. The only thing I would love to see is a sheepsfoot version. Everything else is spot on from my first impression. I also feel like I’m going to be happy with the RWL 34 as really like CPM154.
I hate sheepsfoot, but itd be nice if theyd offer an option for those who do want it. Im sure they will expand the lineup as they can!

Sheepsfoot or not these are really nice knives. I’d definitely pick up another later down the road

Back