Just received a 401B1 and....

Foreword:
I don't post threads on BF very much, so if I break some rules that aren't common sense and don't make any sense, I apologize for that in advance.

So, I won @DocSlava 's giveaway on Instagram, and he sent me a Kizer Ki401B1. I just received it today, and it's awesome!!! I've got a few questions though...
It's now probably the nicest knife I've got; I've got a bunch of Benchmades and a couple ZTs, but those are all users and have seen their fair share of abuse on scenes at work.
I've been wondering though, what are the scales made of? Could they be aluminum? Can I have them anodized? If so, are just the flats (polished) ano-able, or can they do the whole scales? What about the spacers and screws?

What can you guys tell me about S35VN? I've got experience with 154CM, N680, D2, and S30V...

Thanks in advance,
WCEDC

they're titanium, and yes you can easily anodize the entire scale. Screws and spacers are steel so no. it's possible to heat color them but you risk screwing their heat treat. As far as the steel, it sharpens easier than S30V, takes a great toothy or polished edge, is very tough, gives fantastic edge retention, doesn't rust easily, and is just overall phenomenal

congrats on the win! That is one of my favorite Kizer's models. I will own one someday.

Thanks for all the info. Now the problem is deciding what colors I want done...
I'm not a big fan of the heat coloring, so that's a no go on a higher-end knife.
Thanks again,
WCEDC

Thanks! It's a really really sweet blade so far.
I have to admit, I am a little afraid to use this one... It's probably the nicest knife I've owned, and I want it to be the one I show off.

Well I'm a huge fan of purple as far as titanium anodizing. And most knife pimpers can use heat or electricity to give you a solid beautiful ano.

Back