Just saying hello

Ivan Campos

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have been very busy lately and usually hang on the custom or makers´forums hese days, but it is good to come back here and see the old faces still around, buddies.

Always glad to see you here Ivan.

I still have that sorocabana you made available some time back.

Ivan, I'm gonna post a Sauva review, I promise. I want some time for field testing, is all :D

I love the knife, by the way. Fantastic work, and the toughness still surprises me. I use it for all sorts of things...prying, cutting, hammering... I always expect my abuse to gouge the blade, but the Sauva just laughs and keeps on going.

-Tycho-

Good to see you around Ivan. I'm always peeking at your knives in the other forums, you sure do nice work.

It is good to know that you still have that knife, Howard. Sr. Bíde, its maker, is getting close to his 80s, still making knives, still fighting cancer and still working 7 days a week because he loves what he does. Oh, and he has bought some land for his new shop and is already building it. He is a real tough old timer and, just as Uncle Bill, has taught me a lot - not by word but much more by exemple - and I really feel privileged by having had the chance to meet people like these and hope to deserve this chance.
Tycho, I am glad you liked my little knife so much. I make user grade blades and really like to hear about them - no safe queens here!
Steve, thanks a lot for your nice words.

Hi Ivan,

Great to see you around again! Pull up a chair around the woodstove and stay awhile:thumbup: :cool:

Rob

Welcome back Ivan, it's really good to see you again!!!!:thumbup: :D

Beautiful knife Ivan. I hope to see more of you here. The knifemakers around add quite a lot of wisdom to the questions us newbie knife hobbists ask. Merry Christmas All!!!!

Thanks a lot for the warmwellcome, buddies. I miss this place and will try to stay around more often.
Can I get a beer bottle, please? :)

Back