Just trying to get this straight

Rsq

After spending some time and writing some posts, I came across you guys. Im still not quite straight on how your process works, so let me see if I understand.
I can send you an image of the blank, and descriptions of the grind, and specify the steel, and you guys can print my design/s onto a sheet of my specified steel, and cut/grind/heat treat it for me? And you can do all of this inside of a week?

Is this right? (it seems too good to believe I havent stumbled upon you sooner)

If so, how big are the sheets so that i know how many patterns could fit into one?
what is the rough pricing equation? Lets say i wanted 10 cpm s90v blades of different sizes, ranging from 8 inches (incl handle) to 18 inches, with all but three falling in the 8-10 inch range?
If it were a high grade damascus instead?
L6?

If im not quite right about how this works, please help me to understand it better

All we do is waterjet the blank for you, no HT, no material and no grinding.
You need to provide a clean pattern or a dwg or dxf cad file for the waterjet process. If you can't provide the cad we can create it from a pattern out of what ever you have available then I'll convert it to cad. I'd recommend Aldo @ NJ Steel Baron as a possible source for the material. The more blank styles you have the more engineering time and cost. Small orders are OK but cost more because there are fewer pieces to amortize the cost over.

On production orders we can provide material & blanks precision ground to thickness then forward to your HT source.

Thanks, Mark

Last edited:
Back