1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Just wondering what you guys think of this

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by frontline29, Sep 25, 2014.

1. frontline29

frontline29

Oct 7, 2008
    It's been a while since I posted, but I came across somthing today that seems odd.
    I could be totally wrong about what they are doing, but to me it looks like this guy from American Heathen products is buying china Sebenzas putting his own spin on them and reselling them.

Like I said I could be wrong but to me the knife just looks funny.
    It's a Facebook link so if you have face book can you check it out and let me know what you guys think.

He removed his post so the link will no longer work. Here is the knife in question. Sorry about the quality the original photos in the link were much better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is another Facebook link discussing what took place.

https://www.facebook.com/CMFTWknive...307?comment_id=10204552454028868&notif_t=like

I know your suppose to report fakes directly to CRK. I just wanted to make sure they were indeed fake before I did.

Thanks

Lucas

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  2. hotbossa

hotbossa

Mar 31, 2006
    It looks fake to me. The hardware is wrong and blade profile seems funky.

3. beamernc

beamernc

Sep 13, 2007
    Looks fake to me, but cannot be completely sure as it is hard to see some of the details.

Seems like taking the Made in Idaho off the handle would take off a lot of material due to the depth of the engraving.

4. icybluesmile

icybluesmile

Feb 4, 2010
    I sent the link to CRK but it looks like that guy has pulled the page now.

5. frontline29

frontline29

Oct 7, 2008
    The hardware looks off and the lock bar cut out width looks suspect.

6. frontline29

frontline29

Oct 7, 2008
    Icyblue ya he just pulled the link. I said I linked his post to the CRK forum to see what the collectors would have to say and down it went. lol. I have the screen shots tho. ;)

7. flyingjon

flyingjon

Jul 18, 2014
    Like as said that blade looks a mite goofy...

8. NationalWMD

NationalWMD Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2013
    They looked odd to me, but what got me is his statement about removing the "Idaho made" from the handle....thats a lot of material to remove.

9. WyattCooper

WyattCooper

Aug 29, 2014
    I think the "steel handle sebenza" was the biggest giveaway.

10. MostMenAreRuthless

MostMenAreRuthless

Sep 27, 2011
    Fake. And poor fakes at that. It simply looks wonky at first glance.

11. Highninside3117

Highninside3117

Aug 3, 2014
    Yea the choil is rounded. On all 21's i believe they have straight 45

12. Haze

Haze

Aug 2, 2004
    That is indeed fake. Do you have idea what he is selling them for, I'm too lazy to check for myself. :p

13. NationalWMD

NationalWMD Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2013
    I think 350 or so

14. Haze

Haze

Aug 2, 2004
    Well, that says it all, that is a $20 knife at best. I hope that scum bag has a "fall" sometime real soon. :thumbdn:

15. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Its a fake. Was on the CRK Fan Page on Facebook Today. I told them to report it to CRK through their page.

16. red mag

red mag

Apr 12, 1999
    I can not believe such things happen.
    thanks for reporting.
    red mag