JW Smith, don't ya just love seeing new stuff?

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Got this today in UPS, finally...those guys are very busy this time of year so some slack is warranty I would guess!

A John W. Smith wharncliff in CPM420V, Desert Ironwood scales, Ti bolsters and liners, very smoooooth of course.
Blade is 3 1/2" long, a little longer than I normally like in a wharncliff as the point can get in it's own way at times.

Thanks to Larry at Blade Art,
http://www.bladeart.com/
G2

Very nice. I'm not a big wharny guy but that handle looks very comfy and secure. Congrats Gary.:)

Great looking knife Gary.I was wondering where that one had got to. :D Really nice looking Ironwood as well.

Thanks Guys, what you can't see is the top has a swedge ground on the blade as well, so it's not as pointy as the scan shows but IT'S still very pointy!!!
I'll see how well this CPM420V holds up, the handle is very comfy!
This one goes well with the other one I have, as a set maybe they will mate and I'll get a baby drop point? :D
G2

One of those knives looks like the one that you picked up in Blatamore.
A very good deal I might add.
Johns Work is outstanding.

Looks like you have plenty of cutting tools.
Have a safe holiday.
Brad Duncan

Originally posted by Brad Duncan
One of those knives looks like the one that you picked up in Blatamore.
A very good deal I might add.
Johns Work is outstanding.

Looks like you have plenty of cutting tools.
Have a safe holiday.
Brad Duncan

Christmas will be a happy time at the G2 house this year! And yep that Stiletto is one that just happened to get while at Balitmore, very sleek isn't she?

Brad, I was sorely tempted by your folders as well, if you had a wharncliff in the bunch it may have been too much to pass up!
Brad makes about the SMOOTHEST folder as I've ever opened and he does have his knives sharpened! Unlike some knives I've gotten, his were very keen in not only appearance but in edgewise as well.

I was doing some hand rubbing with 600 grit on the Wharncliff blade and man is that 420V hard stuff!! ;)
G2

Gary is hand rubbing his JW Smith folder? ;)

Not happy with the finish Gary? I know several makers who are not doing hand rubbed finishes on 420V because it is simply not cost effective. Have fun!

The collector in me is sort of shocked that you would do that to John's work. But a user is a user I guess. You should have it the way you want it. I've been known to do similar things to some of my knives too. Still, the brushed finish isn't bad either.

That stilleto is to die for... ;)

Paracelsus

Para, I'm being VERY careful while doing this! Otherwise I'd not touch it, the Stiletto is quite nice by itself, finish is great. The Wharncliff has a good working finish but the hand rubbed blade looks just a little bit better...:D

G2

Another lovely knife Gary. When Santa asked whether you have been naughty or nice I guess we all know what the answer was! :)

Wow...tht's some incredible looking Ironwood! Gorgeous pieces.., and thanks for sharing Gary...

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Back