K-18 sheaths

I think the K-18 is going to be a weird thing to stick into leather. I "think" it can still be fully leather supported, I dunno if I'm up for carving wood to do wood-backed sheaths.
Regardless, I don't think a simple drop loop will suffice. I think a D-ring about 2/3rds of the way down the body will give a good draw at a canted angle, what do you guys think?

I don't dig Kydex but feel free to spitball whatever you'd like.

Did you forget that Chad Pirtle is going to be doing like 30 of these? Sign up if you can ‘coz he may be able to do one for you faster than you can do one for yourself :D :p

But I still luv ya man, you’re the only complete hand jobber leather sheath maker around here ;) Welp, maybe not the only one but certainly a dying breed of hand jobbers!

Last edited:
I think it's closer to 50 but I never released the final count, a number of people ordered two, some didn't post for various reasons.

I'd love to have this conversation especially since I haven't seen the sword yet in person or made a sheath for one.

I share some of Grog's concerns, but have made a lot of sword/long knife sheaths over the years and am not too worried. I've made many AK47 sheaths and while they are a tad longer they are most definitely more narrow.

In my experience most people don't want to carry a sword fastened to their bodies, at least outside of their homes :) I always try to make them as versatile as possible so they can be baldric rigged, lashed to an ATV or horse, or just strapped or stuffed into to a pack.

As far as stiffness goes, anyone who's had one of my sheaths knows they are hard as wood, so stiffness has never been a problem for me.

(if you didn't notice what I did there, I worded that last phrase intentionally so that could say: that's what she said :D)

Last edited:
I think it's closer to 50 but I never released the final count, a number of people ordered two, some didn't post for various reasons.

I'd love to have this conversation especially since I haven't seen the sword yet in person or made a sheath for one.

I share some of Grog's concerns, but have made a lot of sword/long knife sheaths over the years and am not too worried. I've made many AK47 sheaths and while they are a tad longer they are most definitely more narrow.

In my experience most people don't want to carry a sword fastened to their bodies, at least outside of their homes :) I always try to make them as versatile as possible so they can be baldric rigged, lashed to an ATV or horse, or just strapped or stuffed into to a pack.

As far as stiffness goes, anyone who's had one of my sheaths knows they are hard as wood, so stiffness has never been a problem for me.

(if you didn't notice what I did there, I worded that last phrase intentionally so that could say: that's what she said :D)

We're going to need to slaughter a few cows for you, maybe more, just to make these sheaths! :eek: :cool: o_O

Back