Ka Bar Dozier Pivot Screw Turns...

Hi I got a Ka-Bar Dozier and I tried to loosen the pivot screw but when I turn it the other side moves also. I can't grab the part on the other side of the knife with anything and it is pretty tight.. What should I do to loosen it?

If your not to worried about how it looks may be put a couple of drops of super glue on the pivot to stop it turnimg.clean it up when your finished.Just a tought!!

Hi I got a Ka-Bar Dozier and I tried to loosen the pivot screw but when I turn it the other side moves also. I can't grab the part on the other side of the knife with anything and it is pretty tight.. What should I do to loosen it?
I don't know if this will work or not but you could try putting a super strong magnet on the other side to stop it from turning then loosen the screw.

Unless the blade is clamped tight between the liners. (you wouldn't be able to open the blade much at all) Then it's loctited, simplest method is a soldering iron stuck on the screw head for awhile until it heats the loctite enough to weaken it, then it SHOULD be relatively easy to pop the screw out.

Back