KA-BAR Knives and Spartan Blades Combine Forces, Form Pineland Cutlery

OFFICIAL_KA-BAR

KA-BAR Knives and Spartan Blades are proud to announce the formation of a new joint venture, Pineland Cutlery.

Both companies have strong ties to the military. KA-BAR, formed in 1898, rose to prominence during World War II with the popularity of the 1219C2 Fighting/Utility Knife. Spartan Blades was created by Curtis Iovito and Mark Carey, two Special Forces veterans who built a company to craft high-end fixed blade and folding knives designed to withstand the rigors of military service around the globe.

“The creation of Pineland Cutlery is a force multiplier for both KA-BAR and Spartan Blades,” said KA-BAR CEO John Stitt. “We are excited to work hand and hand with Spartan.”

“We are proud to be partnering with one of the largest and most storied companies in the USA. By partnering with KA-BAR we are expanding our footprint internationally and will benefit
from their manufacturing and distribution expertise,” said Curtis Iovito, co-owner of Spartan Blades.

KA-BAR brings long-term distribution relationships, manufacturing expertise, and operational expertise, positioning Pineland Cutlery well in our industry.” Said Mark Carey, Co-owner Spartan Blades.

KA-BAR is traditionally known as a budget-friendly manufacturer with a lifetime warranty and excellent customer service. KA-BAR’s ability to leverage American mass production and an existing network of dealers and distributors provides Pineland Cutlery with the opportunity for growth. Spartan Blades reputation for producing high-end, mission-specific fixed blades, quality USA-made folding knives, and close ties to the US military provide a premier element to Pineland Cutlery.

“Mergers, partnerships, and most importantly friendships are something that KA-BAR has been built on. It is at our core; it is in our values. It is something everyone who has a KA-BAR story knows,” said Stitt. “Curtis and Mark have been friends of ours for a long time. We are thrilled we get to work more closely with them in an official capacity. Spartan Blades brings certain elements to the table that are very hard to find and even harder to cultivate.”

Pineland Cutlery will be headquartered in Southern Pines, North Carolina. KA-BAR Knives is located in Olean, NY. Spartan Blades is located in Southern Pines, NC. To learn more about Spartan Blades visit spartanbladesusa.com. To learn more about KA-BAR visit KA-BAR.com

Good deal. Looking forward to seeing what happens.

saw this on FB the other day -- looking forward to seeing what kind of offerings the new company makes.

I wonder if they will be able to make the spartan harsey folder come down and price a little bit and get a smoother action. That would be awesome

That’s in my back yard!
Might have to take a little road trip soon

OFFICIAL_KA-BAR OFFICIAL_KA-BAR , I’m very enthusiastic about this news but I’m having a little bit of a hard time following what is actually going on.

On Instagram, under separate accounts both Pineland and Spartan seem to be posting the exact same things. All the blades being shown are marked with the Spartan logo. I haven’t seen anything specifically marked “Pineland”. I Also saw something about the Spartan symbol having a pine tree added to it from this point out. All of this is a little confusing.

Did the joint venture Pineland actually release any knives yet? I would appreciate clarity.

Thank you! :)

the thing I saw said the pineland knives would have the spartan logo and pine tree, but the "regular" spartan blades would just have their logo.

OFFICIAL_KA-BAR OFFICIAL_KA-BAR , I’m very enthusiastic about this news but I’m having a little bit of a hard time following what is actually going on.

On Instagram, under separate accounts both Pineland and Spartan seem to be posting the exact same things. All the blades being shown are marked with the Spartan logo. I haven’t seen anything specifically marked “Pineland”. I Also saw something about the Spartan symbol having a pine tree added to it from this point out. All of this is a little confusing.

Did the joint venture Pineland actually release any knives yet? I would appreciate clarity.

Thank you! :)

Nothing has been brought to market yet. It is a partnership - our part of the deal is leveraging our manufacturing capabilities to help Spartan expand and produce a variety of knives. There are a number of knives currently in the works, but nothing has been released yet.

WOW!!! Just looked at the Spartan -George V14 Dagger on their website!!! That's some very FINE artwork! Looks like Ka-Bar and company have cornered the world market on combat knives! Magnificent artwork!!!

Back