Ka-bar Mark 1

We have shipped a large quanitity of the leather handle Mark I's this week. You should start to see them in stock shortly.

-OKB (Master Wayne)

Ordered mine earlier in the week for around $55 shipped. Should be here by saturday I hope.

kb2221-pic2.jpg

i want a leather handle one. i dont want to miss out on this one like i did when the d2 impacts were out and now are discontinued.

They seem like a really nice knife for the money to me I'm really diggin' the synthetic handle material whatever it is and also the sheath seems to more than servicable all in all I'd say it would make an outstanding general use belt knife the blade profile is excellent.

Not to try to hijack a thread but I got mine came in a couple of days ago and I must say I'm very impressed with the fit and finish and love the sheath. It locks up well and has no rattling like many like it do, plus being a southpaw I love the ambi sheath setup. Wasn't sure how I would feel about the grip but I am very pleased with it. Very grippy yet firm with just the right amount of cushion. It also came razor sharp. One heck of a knife for $55 delivered. Here are a couple of quick pics of mine. You can't go wrong buying this baby ;)

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

Not to try to hijack a thread but I got mine came in a couple of days ago and I must say I'm very impressed with the fit and finish and love the sheath. It locks up well and has no rattling like many like it do, plus being a southpaw I love the ambi sheath setup. Wasn't sure how I would feel about the grip but I am very pleased with it. Very grippy yet firm with just the right amount of cushion. It also came razor sharp. One heck of a knife for $55 delivered. Here are a couple of quick pics of mine. You can't go wrong buying this baby ;)

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

That is real nice :thumbup:

Just got mine today too. They hit a homerun with this modern classic. I'll probably pick up the leather handle one too once publicly available for collection while kraton will be my workhorse.
The knife has perfect balance, grip, quality,price and has mentioned came shaving sharp. I was in the market for such a knife... highcarbon, 6" or under, flat ground .. boker has a repro mark 1 in polished SK5, stacked leather, no steel buttcap, leather sheath, and the other i was considering was cold steel's leatherneck-sf but who knows when that will be for sale. Not my first ka-bar or even my smallest for that matter but i can see this soon becoming a favorite.

The stacked leather handle model is currently available at some online retailers.

Tom

I haven't found any online dealers that sell them. If someone knows of one could you please pm me the info thanks.

I just recieved a package from Fred w/ The Knife Outlet. Here's what was inside:

100_0186.jpg

100_0187-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I like how they went retro with the sheath to match the stacked leather.

oooohhhhhh sweet leather!

I had emailed blue ridge and they said

Flag this message
RE: Ka-Bar MK1 Leather Handle
Monday, August 29, 2011 2:26 PM
"Beth Spence" <beth@blueridgeknives.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"David Ross" <mrdavidross321@yahoo.com>
Hello,

We have finally received them instock so they should be able to get them in at any time.

Best regards,

Beth Spence
Blue Ridge Knives

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2011 7:53 PM
To: Beth Spence
Subject: RE: Ka-Bar MK1 Leather Handle

Hello, I was wondering if there was any updates on when the Ka-Bar MK1 Leather Handle would be available from your dealers

thanks for your time - David

--- On Wed, 8/10/11, Beth Spence <beth@blueridgeknives.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: Ka-Bar MK1 Leather Handle
To: "David Ross" <mrdavidross321@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, August 10, 2011, 6:45 PM

Hello David,

Thank you for your inquiry. We have not received those from Kabar yet so at this time, no one should have them instock.

We do not have we have a few mail order dealers that we generally recommend. You can contact any of them about pricing and possibly backordering the merchandise you are interested in.

Knifeworks - (318) 649-8401 www.knifeworks.com

Knife Supply - (734) 718-3512 www.knifesupply.com

Knife Center - (301) 486-0901 www.knifecenter.com

Knife Outlet - (574) 656-4127 www.knifeoutlet.com

Blade Matrix - (859) 291-2541 www.bladematrix.tv

Best regards,

Beth Spence

Blue Ridge Knives

I have a contest going right now, where you can win one. Just a thought.

Moose

Unfortunately Knife Outlet has the dreaded "Conus-Only" disease!
:thumbdn:
I'm hoping Kabar will make the leather version a regular issue so we can get it at any dealer that stocks Ka-bar.
Or i'll just try Ebay where sellers are less likely to be phobic of those of us outside the U.S!

Unfortunately Knife Outlet has the dreaded "Conus-Only" disease!
:thumbdn:
I'm hoping Kabar will make the leather version a regular issue so we can get it at any dealer that stocks Ka-bar.
Or i'll just try Ebay where sellers are less likely to be phobic of those of us outside the U.S!

If you contact Blue Ridge they may be able to put you in touch with a dealer who will ship to you. Or maybe not, I don't know. :confused: :D

By the way, Fred at Knife Outlet was great to deal with. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Back