KA-BAR Tanto

I've had my eye on this KA-BAR Tanto for some time and would truly appreciate any feed back from anyone who owns one or has some experience with it. Also the price I'm looking at is $54.95. Do you think this is a good deal? Spes below:

• 12 7/8" overall length.
• 8" black Epoxy Powder Coated 1095 High Carbon Steel blade.
• Blade Edge: Serrated
• Blade Style: Tanto
• Tang Stamp: USA
• Edge Angle: 20 Degrees
• Grind: Hollow
• Rockwell Hardness: 56-58
• Weight: .66 lbs
• Glass filled Nylon handle with Black Epoxy Powder Coated Carbon Steel guard and butt.
• Black Kydex belt sheath. Sheath includes a friction guard lock to hold the blade, plus a nylon retaining strap to secure the handle. Grommets and slots for tie-downs allow a variety of carrying options.
• Made in the U.S.A.
• Engravable

Really trying to get some feed back here. Just experiance with KA-Bar in general would help

My friend is an NCO in the Army and will be leaving for his third tour this Jan, this is the knife he carries and he says he loves it. Id actually like to pick one up myself. Id say its good to go.

It's a good knife, especially for the money. It's not full tang, so not as strong as it could have been. Not a real problem though.

It might not be very sharp, be prepared to sharpen it.

Personally I prefer the classic USMC over the Americanised tanto design.

lol i used to carry a tanto folder, i hate tantos. I still carry the same folder but it is now a drop point. go for the regular ka-bar i own one and love it.

It really depends on what you're going to use the knife for, of course.

For example, if you're using it as a camping knife or a utility knife, go for the original Bowie shape. It's more useful in those roles because of the blade's sweep.

If you're getting it as a fighting knife... it really does depend on what type of knife fighting style you use. I see a Bowie and a Tanto as equally good in a fighting role, but they are used differently.

Back