Kabar Bk2 sheath

Got a Kabar Bk2, it's a massive knife for the blade length for sure. Looking forward camping with this mini beast. I am not so happy about the sheath, was so tight I had to use a softhammer to beat them free several times trying to break it in. So I resorted to some kitchen thermoforming. My mini torch was out of fuel, which was probably a good thing, overkill and would have left some marks. My Bic worked fine as I applied the flame in motion above the top rivets with the knife in place, maybe 5-6 passes across, then I let it cool. I repeated the procedure cause I'm wanting a nice release with minimal thumb pressure, and this time I flexed the sheath apart as I let it cool for 30sec. Works great for me, the knife can be carried vertical if I want, safely, my reset of the sheath resulted in a gap in the top of the halves of 3/16 - 1/8

This is exactly the info I came to this forum looking for. This sheath sucks because it’s so tight

A hairdryer works well for heating up kydex, allowing you to reshape or bend areas that are too tight. It doesn't take much...

Yeah I’ve done that with my gun holster but this sheath isn’t kydex. It’s glass infused plastic. Will a hair dryer still work?

Used some toothpicks wedged in on both sides then my wife’s hairdryer to heat it up. That did the trick. I have a photo and video but I’m not sure how to embed

My attempt at loosening up with the toothpicks and heat didn’t work out. It went right back to original shape. I sent a email to Kabar about it and they replied they are all like that and will loosen in time. But they did give me an offer of a free BK22S sheath Black Heavy-Duty Polyester Sheath for Becker Campanion
I took them up on their offer and now I’ll pull apart this plastic one and play around with it

Back