Kabar Defensive Cane

I've had a KABAR defensive cane for a couple of years , all for peaceful use. It does get people's attention ! I also got a handy tip that has a pivoting spike for ice and that works well.
I'm now getting to the point of chipping paint.
Have any of you replaced the paint ? I thought it would be nice to have it anodized using the most durable one , the black military type. Comments please .

I wish I could help you.

I have a Kabar TDI cane, and appreciate its heft and strength. After a total of five fractures to my lower extremities, having a strong cane has kept me from falling on more occasions than I want to remember.

It's aluminum, paint will never really stick to it. Best bet is to strip it, etch it, repaint it.

I wish I could help you.

I have a Kabar TDI cane, and appreciate its heft and strength. After a total of five fractures to my lower extremities, having a strong cane has kept me from falling on more occasions than I want to remember.
Aluma-hyde II

wrap it tip to tail in some kind of "grip tape". several styles. make it look "not evil" :D

personally, i plan to paint my deep plumb colored. it's a good tool when my knees were hurting.

Back