Kabar Dozier Folders

Has anyone really USED the Dozier folders? I had the large hunter, but I traded it before I ever used it. Duh.

I'm looking at getting some for EDC, etc. The pocket clips are pretty low profile (and look like they ride low), which it immensely attractive to me. The price is right too.

I carry some Kershaw's right now, but their biggest downfall is outrageous pocket clips that you can see from a mile away. I love my Junkyard, but geez, the clip is big enough to carry a BK9, LOL. I've reprofiled it, but it's still just too big.

Yeah, I'm a tight wad, I'm not dropping $30 or more on a low ride clip either.

Not when I can buy another knife instead. I would just as soon toss my money to Kabar if I can.

How's the AUS8A compare to the 13c26/14c28 that Kershaw uses? I know that the RC on Kabar's 8A (56-58) is higher than Kershaw's RC on the 13c26 (55-57). Both of my Kershaw's are 13c26 and take a SCARY sharp edge, but I do have to keep them touched up regularly.

i edc a ka-bar folding hunter...its pretty good, i like it
it doesnt have any fancy stuffs, no locking button, no flipper, its just a well constructed, simple lockback

i really like it actually

The AUS-8 vs 13c26/14c28 debate i cant speak of, but the AUS8 seems to work pretty well for me

EDIT omg a three-page thread. Super interested in a review of the Kabar dozier folder too, in fact.

seems like a pretty solid knife for the money. gave mine to a friend that coveted it. we shall see what she thinks.

Sometimes I feel unAmerican for not having a strong love for folders. Sure they are very easy to carry but I am just as happy with a $1 folder from Wal-Mart as I am using a $100 folder. I tend to think of them as disposable knives.

Ive had one since 2009 and its a great little folder! Way under priced for the quality level, I think I got mine for $17.

I EDCd this one...

IMG00638-20100815-0825.jpg

... until I gave it (less the money) to someone that needed it more that I did. About a day later, I replaced it with this one...

IMG_0004_20110302.jpg

... that I still EDC. The price and performance is right, IMO.

---
Beckerhead #42

I edc the Phat bob folder for a long time. Great knife. Went and bought another. The hollow grind takes some maintenance but can be stupid sharp.

I carry some Kershaw's right now, but their biggest downfall is outrageous pocket clips that you can see from a mile away. I love my Junkyard, but geez, the clip is big enough to carry a BK9, LOL. I've reprofiled it, but it's still just too big.

Interesting thread. I've also wondered about the Doziers. I also gave away a JYD and hated that big neon sign clip.

I got a couple of the first ones in 440C when they came out.
Gave one to my cousin, who loved it. I think mine still rides in my tool box.
I use it from time to time. Great knife for the money.

P1020570.jpg

Last edited:
I just bought this phat bob off a forum member recently and it has quickly become one of my favorite designs, high quality, pretty, and it works! $600 dollar design in a $50 knife. Great value for the money!
IMAG0153.jpg

I almost bought one of these, but ended up getting the CS Lawman instead. Still really like this design.

The Buck Vantage knives are another line that keeps grabbing my attention. I have to order the Kabars, Wally World has the Bucks on the shelf.

Decisions, decisions. If I talk about them enough between now and Sunday, maybe the kids will drag my wife to Wal-Mart. LOL.

Only problems on the Phat Bob are the scale screws being made out of tin (probably not though). They all snapped on me after one take-down. My scales are now epoxied on...so just be gentle.

I could also be incredibly strong (probably not though).

I EDCd this one...

IMG00638-20100815-0825.jpg

... until I gave it (less the money) to someone that needed it more that I did. About a day later, I replaced it with this one...

IMG_0004_20110302.jpg

... that I still EDC. The price and performance is right, IMO.

---
Beckerhead #42
Still running in you EDC ? (the Doziers)

Back