Kabar Dozier Longevity

Does anyone have any experience with how well the kabar dozier folding hunters hold up to long term edc? I’m confident in the back lock and blade steel but I’m curious about how that zytel holds up over time with normal use. I really like the blade shape, weight and price but I want to be confident that, if this is ever my only knife, that I’ll have a tool I can depend on.

I bought one when they were first introduced, years ago. It's held up great and still functions as when new.
The Zytel scales have not deteriorated at all.

I have knives with Zytel scales that are 40 years old and show no sign of ever wearing out.

They seem pretty tough. I wouldn’t worry about it. I would avoid only having one knife, regardless.

I picked up one each for my sons who at the time were 13 and 11. My youngest was particularly hard on his over the last 4 years, throwing it, batoning etc. He beat the crap out of it and it still bounces back for more. The orange faded a little, or it could be old fish slime from the 100 or so rock bass dispatched without it. These are good folders, and represent awesome value. I even keep 2 as back up in my hunting day pack.

Back