Kailash Blade Customs

Kailash Blades

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey there guys! I've been pretty slack with sharing our work to bladeforums recently so figured I'd do a bulk post with a handful of the most interesting customs we've done this month alongside our usual website orders. All of these blades are hand forged over coal furnaces in Nepal out of 5160. I don't have a heap of detailed specs for these guys but if you need them I can track them down.

An inglorious basterds inspired bowie. Brass hardware, goat shin handle. 12" blade with a 5.5" handle.
full

Extremely stoked with this one. We've made almost a dozen bhutanese dozums over the years which put us in a great position to knock this scottish dirk clean out of the park. 13.5" blade, raw fuller, sharpened back edge, rosewood handle, brass hardware and a stainless steel wire wrap. This was a new skill for our guys but Siru jumped at it and did a great job. This'll open up opportunities for both wire wrapped dozums and european blades in future.
full

A pretty massive bastard sword here. All steel fittings, a single very big piece of buffalo horn for the handle. 1.2kg total weight, 29.5" blade making it the longest we've done so far. Extremely happy with it and keen to do more work like it.

full

full

Here's an interesting bushcraft cleaver we made for a german customer. Designed lean and sharp for carving and surface work but thick throught he spine for chopping power and prying capability.
full

It's always cool to be able to do the forging and grinding part of someone's dream design. This time we made a full tang xiphos of a customers design, with them adding the handle and doing the sheathwork themselves.
full

We made two 15" ginuntings as the original pattern sketch on instagram got someone to jump in and get the exact same one but with horn and polished everything. A modern take on the blade with a scourge hybrid handle I've been using a lot for blades of this size lately.
Which do you prefer? I like the satin.
full

We've had a new salyani pattern in the works for quite a while now, and it keeps making its way into custom patterns. This is a 16" blade with a bunch of amazing engraving and a two tone handle. Two different parts of the same rosewood tree for contrast.

full

If you've got any questions about these knives, let me know and I'll help out how I can. Might even just end up posting all the customs in here so there's one easy to find place with them in it.
Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash.

Last edited:
Back