Kansas deer

These are some deer we took a couple of years ago.

This is me and my small buck. He only scored 149.

untitled.jpg

This is my friend Rick. His scored 168.

rick.jpg

We only shot does this year to try and control the numbers. There are a couple of bucks that came under my stand that were bigger than the one my friend got.

mlrs

Also what do you mean only scored a 149?! That's still a great deer. :)

You right. That is a good deer. I say only because of the bigger deer I have seen out there where we hunt. There is one we have been trying to get that will go around 180-185 or maybe a little more.

mlrs

Great deer! Kansas has some big racks. You shoot a buck that scores 120 in my area and you have done something.

I have hunted deer in alot of different states. The deer are definately different sizes. A trophy deer in one state may only be 120 or 130. Alot of out of state hunters don't realize that and have greater expectations.

I don't specificaly set out to hunt huge bucks. I seem to get lucky and they come by. If they wander to close I will shoot them tho. I was having a smoke when I shot the one in the top pic. Last season I could have shot a couple of nice bucks but passed it up to thin some does out. The land owner was complaining that there were to many deer. I think they were right to. It is only a quarter section of land and it was an off morning if we saw less than 30 deer.

mlrs

Back