Karma..........I has it...........

Well folks, i have always said that ive lived as long as i have on pure luck. Iv cheated death on a few occasions, nothing glorious , just dumb shit. Ive always been lucky, at poker,at work, etc.

Since my wreck of 10 years ago, i started thinking and living different. Took up a belief in karma, and tried my best to do the right things in my life.{as best i could} Now on to the reason for this post.........

My wifes, mother and grandmother live with us, we dont believe in nursing homes. My mother in law is in great shape, the grandmother is frail and has Alzheimer's. Hes has been getting worse here lately. Been really confused, but manageable.

Tuesday i contracted a bad sinus infection, missed work on Thursday because of it . I got through Friday and today, but came home after work at 1:00 and went to bed. I got up at 5:00 still feeling shitty. We were all upstairs and the grandmother was downstairs in her room. My dog Chiyo came to me and wanted something, and out of the blue i decided that id load her up and go to town and get a fountain drink. {she loves to ride} Now its 94 outside, we load up and head out. My driveway is a good tenth of a mile or more, i get on the road and go about another tenth, and there stands the grandmother in the road. Shes hot, and confused and give out. I load her up and get her back home safely . We get some fluids in her and call the doctor, she seems fine now but still confused.

Now i in no way felt like driving to town, hell i didnt really feel like getting out of bed.

KARMA my friends.........and my CHI must be in line too.......... I put child proof latches on all the doors...............

dont know if you have good karma Carto or one smart dog!!!!:dog: Damn glad everything turned out OK.

Well man I hope it isn't really bad Karma. Hope your Gma In Law is doing all right. Wow. Sort of going through the same thing with my Great Grandma. She is 91 and starting to do the middle of the night wandering around the house. I understand. Take care Carto.

Glad that worked out good Carto.

Scary situation.
A neighbor has their grandfather on some kind of ankle bracelet device
(actually strapped on the wrist)
Here is a link to the major company that makes/sells them
no idea how much it costs,but this one
is NOT gps,so no monthly fees....

http://www.caretrakca.com/home.htm

Good on you Carto :thumbup:

When I was an AC guy we did some work in an Alzheimer wing of a hospital. They had those anklets rigged to trigger a magnetic lock on all the doors. Pretty slick.

Thanks guys.............the child proof latches work........she gave them a try at 3:30 am............I also woke up with no sinus trouble........Karma.........i has it.....

i need a lottery ticket.....

Wow, great story. I'm glad your grandma & you all are OK, Carto. Take care.

Back