Katana identifictaion

So, my dad got these on a trade and we can't figure out what manufacturer. I'm pretty sure they are Chinese but would like to know what steel as well. They are solid, sharp well balanced. Any help would be good. The Nakago aren't signed.

Hard to tell much from the pictures provided. What I can see suggests that they appear to be fairly standard chitana, probably sold for a few hundred dollars or maybe much less originally, probably made out of Chinese mystery steel. The manufacturers or more accurately the factories come and go. A quick look at the big auction site shows a very similar one under the moniker.

"Handmade Gold Blade Japanese Samurai Sword Dragon Katana Full Tang Sharp"​

For 120 dollars. The etchings are done differently but they are nearly identical in composition.

The company is listed as KATOKU and the blades are "carbon steel." I'll be pretty surprised if you ever find much more than that.

I happened to notice another one before I closed the window under:

Handmade Carved Dragon T10 High Carbon Steel Japanese Samurai Katana Sword Sharp​

It's the identical blade it appear for 156 dollars. No company listed but it appears to be the same outfit. Again "Carbon Steel."

Back