• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Keech Timberman Work Axe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another uncommon axe, particular here in the U.S., this Keech Timberman cast steel axe is a favorite among Timbersports champs for practice and can hang with anything out there on daily chores. If you're unfamiliar with Keech's history, and like tools, check them out. They really made a huge impact on the industry in Australia and make terrific products.

This one came from a timbersports champ and has seen some use but is ground to perfection and scary sharp. I hung the head on a 30" hickory racing handle, which are generally left rough and with the lathe grooves for maximum grip. I did smooth the length of the haft but left the lathe grooves to keep the grip extreme. It may look odd but this is an very comfortable axe, particularly with those grooves.

The head is Keech's proprietary cast steel and, while I'd love to be able to tell you all about it, all I can say is it's excellent and has been used by racers for decades. It is as good or better than any carbon axe steel you'll find out there. The head weighs just over 5lbs and lays waste to the poor wood it touches. I've included a Helko leather mask to keep you for removing fingers as you play around with it.

$300 Shipped and Insured, CONUS - FIRM - Will consider shipping to other locations at buyer's expense.

i-mG7cCRw-L.jpg

i-g3nBC3b-L.jpg

i-R4fsF5G-L.jpg

i-Qt8rbR8-L.jpg

i-dgP2XmF-L.jpg

You'll notice in this shot a small blemish at the edge. This was a bubble or something in the casting and doesn't affect the performance of the axe at all as far as I can tell. It will wear down over time as you sharpen and use it.
i-K8fbRf6-L.jpg

i-MvcGNFk-L.jpg

In the event there is some contention for the purchase, the timestamp of the first PM to me will have first consideration.

Thanks!
Travis

Hey brother, quick question.

What is the difference between this one and the last one you sold? I missed out on the black one.

Heya. I replied to your PM as well but this one has gotten a bit more treatment than the last. The hang is cleaner, the haft is sanded smoother, and it's been stained to give some curb appeal. The heads are the same, the difference is all in the attention to the hang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back