Keen Newport vs. Newport H2

BOK

Tried both on today but and the Newports actually seemed to fit a little better even though they are essentialy the same sandal. I think the stiffer leather may have something to do with it.

I'm leaning toward the H2's though because they dry quicker when wet although realistically this would probably only happen once or twice a year. Most of my outddor adventures are dry hiking.

I'm sure theres essentialy no wrong choice here but what do you guys think? Anyone own both?

These will be my frist Keen sandals. I have several pairs of their slip on shoes though. Best shoes I've ever owned.

I bought the H2s, they just seemed better for all around hiking. I really don't want any hiking shoes with leather, never know when you're going to get wet.

I've had mine almost two years and they are still in very good condition. I wear them at least 9 months of the year for hiking and relaxing.

Win

I purchased a pair right before a Disneyland trip, and my feet felt great even after three days of walking around watching my 10 year old ride plastic elephants.

Fantastic sandals.

Ended up getting the H2's as they were 30 bucks cheaper than the Newports at the local store here.

Used them for a light trail walk that same day. So far so good. Extremely comfortable, no pinching anywhere.

Makes me wonder how I ever did without a decent pair of sandals before.

I bought a pair of the Keen H2s when they first came out and have gone from city streets to bush to ocean. They are still going 4+ years later. Great sandals.

This is my 3rd summer in my Newports. Brilliant sandals. I'm always whanging my feet into things, so the rubber toe bumpers are a must. Very comfortable. But they can build up a fearful stink after a while. Make a slurry of Oxy-Clean & water- give them a good scrub, toss 'em into the washing machine w/ the colors & leave them in the sun to dry.

Does anyone actually use them for hiking or trail walking?

One thing annoying about sandals is the bits of gravel or small pebbles that get caught inside at times. Having to take them off and clean them out can be annoying.

Kinda makes me wonder why sandals in general seem so popular for hiking.

I hike in them all the time. The only discomfort I've had was when I did a sandy 13 miles over two days. My toes got pretty "sandpapered" but were fine within a day or so.

Probably my most aggressive trip was Observation Pt in Zion, 8 miles round trip, 2100 ft of elevation. H2s were fine.

Win

Back