• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

(Keeping for now) Selling out my tools and supplies. Esteem Grinder and attachments.

The time has come for me to move on to other tings so I'm selling out all my tooling and supplies.
I'll be listing several postings with stuff from tools to wood to who knows what else I'll dig out.

Starting with my Esteem grinder. I won't ship it so folks in AZ or possibly CA might be interested.
Esteem grinder with 2HP motor and VFD. 5 years old. I've made about 60 knives with it I reckon, so it's not worn out.
Just the grinder, motor and VFD. No arm/C-frame/platen. Those are being sold separately. It's in good working shape and not bad looking still after 5 years. It probably has some rust here and there as I grind wet mostly. But it shouldn't be too bad. It's pretty well coated from Brett as you can see. Everything works great and if I were the buyer I'd be glad to have it. It's a very solid machine.
$1350.
Esteem-1.jpg
Esteem-2.jpg
Esteem-3.jpg
Esteem-4.jpg

Brock C frame with 2 & 4 inch wheels along with a flat and radiused (36") platen (from Nathan) and a couple of extra platen mounts for the C: frame. $ 550 for all. (This is the C-Frame made for me by Brett Matthews). This thing has been fantastic for me and I've never looked back once I mounted it on my grinder. I think I have a total of 4 of the mounting backers with rods. Easy to make more too if needed. They are pretty basic. It will take wheels from 2 to 5 inches, in any combination top or bottom. There is a thread from a year or more ago on the design.
brockp-1.jpg
brockp-2.jpg
brockp-3.jpg

Beaumont rotary platen with tool arm: $ 400
For kitchen knives this has been a solid tool for me. It didn't get a lot of rest. I used it on every kitchen knife I made.

RotaryP-1a.jpg
RotaryP-3.jpg
RotaryP-1.jpg

I might be willing to ship some of the smaller things, especially if the tool arm isn't included.

Thanks for having a look
Mark

Last edited:
Hi! Would you consider selling the 36” platen on its own?

Thanks!

I do have an extra Matthew. It's unused if I remember rightly. I just have to figure out which drawer I stuck it in.

HA! Yep, I'd love to snag it. Shoot me a PM or an email or something and let me know how you want to handle it. Thanks!

Will do. I also have one of Nathan's long radius end platens if anyone is interested. It is also in unused condition.
Per Nathan: "We also have 4 extra long flat platens with 3/8" end radius. They're made of 3/8" D2. The heat treat is optimized for abrasive wear resistance. These are used for lengthwise grinding with the top wheel removed. Grinding with the top wheel removed can get hot, you will probably need a platen chiller. They're $150 each SOLD OUT."

Also have a chiller for his platens.

And for that matter, I have his rotary platen setup in new condition as well. ( https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...-attachment-c-plates-and-other-stuff.1555503/ )

If you change your mind on shipping the grinder pm or email me. Thanks.

If you change your mind on shipping the grinder pm or email me. Thanks.
Will do. I also have one of Nathan's long radius end platens if anyone is interested. It is also in unused condition.
Per Nathan: "We also have 4 extra long flat platens with 3/8" end radius. They're made of 3/8" D2. The heat treat is optimized for abrasive wear resistance. These are used for lengthwise grinding with the top wheel removed. Grinding with the top wheel removed can get hot, you will probably need a platen chiller. They're $150 each SOLD OUT."

Also have a chiller for his platens.

And for that matter, I have his rotary platen setup in new condition as well. ( https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...-attachment-c-plates-and-other-stuff.1555503/ )
I’d be interested in the platen chiller if you still have it.

Back