Keeping rawhide flat?

Bought some dog chews, soaked one in water, rolled out flat, bamboo cutting board with weight on top till dry. Still curls. What am I doing wrong?

What am I doing wrong?
Buying dog chews?

I don't know anything about working with rawhide; but most of the leather supply companies sell it. Springfield, Weaver, and Tandy are the three I checked. It seems to me buying a piece from one of them, might make more sense than trying to flatten a dog chew.

O.B.

got any pics ?

it kind of depends on the rawhide and what has been done to it.

what are you wanting to do with it when it is flat ?

Buying dog chews?

I don't know anything about working with rawhide; but most of the leather supply companies sell it. Springfield, Weaver, and Tandy are the three I checked. It seems to me buying a piece from one of them, might make more sense than trying to flatten a dog chew.

O.B.
Thanks!

Seems like most of the dog chews have been split, (think suede), makes it more chewable. whereas the other rawhide recommended has not, (think leather). For a sheath probably gonna want the bought kind recommended by Old Biker. An old western Native American type sheath?

Boiling water soak. You can buy a cheap rawhide used for drum heads and crafts from Crazy Crow.

Back