Photos Kepharts...They just Work

Thanks but....she ain't for sale. :D

LOL, because we all know I need another fixed blade.

Edit: 22 made a good point below, if you wanted to give it to me, I would gladly accept the offer. No purchase necessary ;)

Last edited:
Whenever I get around to posting a useage pic, I'll have to have a sign somewhere in the pic stating, She Ain't Fer Sail. :)

We've talked about a lot of different Kepharts and there's one out there that I think is a beautiful Kephart. The one that Matt of ML Knives makes. I had one and sold her. Matt has a very unique style.

Was wondering if hiwa hiwa received his Humphrey Kephart yet?[/QUOTE

Thanks for asking and yes I did !
I got it a few days ago. Been busy with work.
I have the FG version in black micarta/3v. It is in perfect condition ; grinds and blade is straight , edge is very sharp , and ergos fit very well. I like the thicker blade actually. I have to make a serious sheath for this one ! ( supplied sheath is ok , but not my type.)
Sorry for no pics , but I do want to say I am happy and made a good investment in this knife and look forward to using it !

Hiwa, she sounds like a beautiful knife. We'd love some pics maybe after you finish that sheath.

I think I need to refresh my memory of how to make various commonly used knots. ;)

hiwa hiwa Feel free to post a picture of the knife before you do a new sheath.

Last edited:
I will probably do a sheath in the fall. Works too busy now.
I will have to set up a photo account then.
This knife is the most I ever spent on a FB. Just had to have it. I know you guys understand ,lol. !

The photo thing was the dominant reason I have to have a Gold account here. I never buy or sell on the exchange (yet). My Dogwood Kephart was expensive too from my point of view.

Hey guys, I had the Beavertail sheath fro @Mike McCarter and I had to have one of his foldovers also. What a beautiful sheath. It rides perfectly. Thanks Mike!

The Beavertail for comparison.

I really need to get a fold-over or 3. I have a Canadian belt knife coming up in month or two that I'm going to send out for a fold-over, might send some of these Kepharts out for one as well.

I've also added a BRK mini-Kephart to the Kephart collection... it's really cute. To be fair, it looks amazingly functional and finally something in that size with a slicey blade. Seems like I've gone through 4-5 "companion" sized blades the past 3 months trying to find a nice all-purpose smaller design that would be nice in a cross-draw or pocket sheath and too many are running chopper thickness (pretty much anything over 1/8" stock). No pictures of it yet, almost afraid to get it dirty.

I'm also considering a monster Kephart design, or at least blade design. Something in the 6.5-7" range. Really, it would be more of a wood processor and woodcraft knife than an all-purpose since I suspect it would be less ideal for butchering, but an over-sized Kephart really has me interested. Kind of like a Hudson Bay sized Kephart knife. To a large extent, just because I'm curious.

I've thought about getting one of those mini's they do look nice.

I decided to get some pictures of it. It's great little companion knife, but if you have larger than larger than large hands (I wear size L gloves) it might be a bit dainty in the handle.

And then the rest of my Kepharts. I'm pretty pleased with this selection, the LT buscrafter MK II still my fave though.
ieWqu0jl.jpg

Vd79U8Dl.jpg

kKzhl8ml.jpg

BE - I don't know how you do it. I'm afraid that after time, I'd develope a favorite and the others would be jealous.
Kudos to you my friend. I'd also think that Makers ought to use you for field testing their designs?

Gee wiz.... it's been 3 months since I bought my last Kephart, maybe I need to scratch the itch again. :D Sounds like a confession....

In one thread, somebody asked how many fixed blade knives I own. I didn't know and figured around 25. I did a fairly good count and it was more in the 60 area than 25. The pile just gets bigger over time if you don't give them away or sell them. Quite honestly, there is no way in hell that I need that many fixed blades and starting to do some real thinking about whether or not I even want a pile like this. I'm not exactly young any more..... use is occasional.

That little Bark River is appealing to me. The reality is that I might use a smaller fixed blade far more than something over 5 inches.

Gee wiz.... it's been 3 months since I bought my last Kephart, maybe I need to scratch the itch again. :D Sounds like a confession....

In one thread, somebody asked how many fixed blade knives I own. I didn't know and figured around 25. I did a fairly good count and it was more in the 60 area than 25. The pile just gets bigger over time if you don't give them away or sell them. Quite honestly, there is no way in hell that I need that many fixed blades and starting to do some real thinking about whether or not I even want a pile like this. I'm not exactly young any more..... use is occasional.

That little Bark River is appealing to me. The reality is that I might use a smaller fixed blade far more than something over 5 inches.
Rimfire - how many pairs of shoes does your ol lady have?

Reactions: mb>
^ Haha! I can relate though. I have an inventory of my collection and it’s a little absurd. I sold some last weekend...and have already bought an equal number. :/

My knife addiction is in constant conflict and tension with my desire to live somewhat frugally and minimalistic, to be content with what I have and not be such a consumer.

Rimfire - how many pairs of shoes does your ol lady have?
I have no idea and don't care really. But I own a lot of shoes myself. Not going to count them. But to give you an idea and off the top of my head, I have a spare new pair of Lacrosse knee high boots in the box, a new pair of shorter Lacrosse boots in the box, a pair of hip waders still in the box for fishing or whatever, backup waist high waders, several pairs of New Balance tennis shoes still in the box, a couple pairs of Rockport shoes I wear for work in the box (hard to find sometimes)... you get idea. Hence, knives are no surprise at all to me.

Back