Recommendation? Kershaw backspacer

d3m

Hey all, I’m looking at replacing the backspacer on my Kershaw Leek knife with these standoffs but I saw an earlier post (like 8 years earlier) in which some people seemed to think that the torsion bar wouldn’t be compatible with the standoffs and others seemed to disagree. Has anyone some experience with standoffs in their Leek knife? Does the speedsafe assisted opening still work? Or does the knife effectively become a fully manual knife? I did Google searches and searched this forum but couldn’t find anything definitive. Thanks!

You can change out the backspacer for standoffs no problem, it's actually really cool to see that someone is making them specifically for the Leek. That's the first time I've seen a company make standoffs for Kershaws, you used to have to get creative. It doesn't change anything going to standoffs as far as the action. The very end of the Speed Assist torsion spring hangs out of the inside of presentation side liner, the backspacers have a small cutout to accommodate this, but with standoffs it will just be chilling there. No problem. I've had standoffs on my Kershaw Avalanche for many many years and it works great, it has the same torsion spring design as the Leeks. You can actually see the end of the torsion spring hanging out the back on the website you posted as well.
Kershaw Avalanche3.jpgKershaw Avalanche4.jpg

Reactions: d3m
Back