Kershaw Chive... any experience

I would recommend it!! I love mine, I have had it for about 4 months and it is a great little knife, especially when you can get them for about $30.

I have a scallion. I like it very much and yes it was very sharp out ot the box. It too has the little safty on the clip side of the knife. It is just a tad bigger than the chive, which I thought was too small for EDC. I will carry the scallion when I'm dressed up or don't want to carry my BM 710.

After all this talk of the safety I got to see it in action this past weekend.

I tossed my new Chive into my big, loose raincoat pocket before venturing outside. I had it in the back of my mind that the safety was not engaged at the time.

As it turned out, I didn't need the knife while I was outside. When I came back in and took the coat off, I remembered the knife, and that I thought the safety was off. Very gingerly I put my hand into the pocket, and sure enough, there's 1-15/16" of razor sharp, gleaming stainless steel sticking up waiting to greet me. Just the motion of putting it in the pocket was enough to fire off the assisted opening. I was lucky because my memory was working that day.

Be careful out there!

-- PG (edited to keract spooling errs)

Because they have the "flipper" that allows you open the knife with your index finger,the following have safeties:
Chive,Scallion,Boa

Back