Kershaw Link Magnacut

I made a recent purchase, I wanted to share with you guys since no one else in my life cares. I picked up a kershaw link in magnacut, similar to the 20cv version, on Amazon for 90 dollars. I wasn't sure if it was a mistake, but it arrived today and is in fact Magnacut!

This is an excellent knife to hold, and I am excited to experience Magnacut now on this platform. Has anyone else been made aware of Kershaw releasing more of their lineup in magnacut in any other instances? Not much mention on YouTube, just a few clips saying they are. Must admit, I did not need another knife but I am not displeased to have a full sized knife in magnacut in my rotation.

Kershaw has been releasing a lot of stuff in Magnacut in the last year or so.

Livewire
Leek
Blur
Link as yours
Bel-Air is the new crossbar lock knife that they're pushing pretty hard
Most of the launch series is in magnacut now too I think.

I picked up a Leek and Livewire and kinda thinking about another Blur (I have on in S30V).. Trying to justify the Belair

I really like that the bel-air is made locally, but why oh why would they make them all with black blades? I'm well past any mall-ninja proclivities... please just give us a plain satin or stonewash blade?? Also, some micarta handles since we're asking

imagine how much better this would be?
eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiZmlsZXMua25pZmVjZW50ZXIuY29tIiwia2V5IjogImtuaWZlY2VudGVyL2tlcnNoYXcta25pdmVzL2ltYWdlcy9LUzYxMDVfMS5qcGciLCJlZGl0cyI6IHsicmVzaXplIjogeyJ3aWR0aCI6IDc2MCwiaGVpZ2h0IjogNDE1LCJmaXQiOiAiY29udGFpbiIsImJhY2tncm91bmQiOiB7InIiOiAyNTUsImciOiAyNTUsImIiOiAyNTUsImFscGhhIjogMX19fX0=

Has anyone else been made aware of Kershaw releasing more of their lineup in magnacut in any other instances?
Kershaw has been releasing several of their designs in upgrade steels at a cost significantly below what their competition charges for knives in those blade steels. S30V, CPM 154, 20CV, and now magnacut.
I have a dividend in Magnacut, a Blur in S30V, a Leek in CPM 154, and a Link in 20CV, all of them made in the US.

I have been using this knife for about a week now, and I am in love with the way magnacut is performing from Kershaw. Although after use, I feel like the Link handle is a bit cramped for me
I wonder if the Bel air is thus a better option?

I feel like if the Natrix came in Magnacut that would be the one.

I made a recent purchase, I wanted to share with you guys since no one else in my life cares. I picked up a kershaw link in magnacut, similar to the 20cv version, on Amazon for 90 dollars. I wasn't sure if it was a mistake, but it arrived today and is in fact Magnacut!

This is an excellent knife to hold, and I am excited to experience Magnacut now on this platform. Has anyone else been made aware of Kershaw releasing more of their lineup in magnacut in any other instances? Not much mention on YouTube, just a few clips saying they are. Must admit, I did not need another knife but I am not displeased to have a full sized knife in magnacut in my rotation.
Is it the Olive/Stonewash? It lists Magnacut in the title then 20CV in the description...

Is it the Olive/Stonewash? It lists Magnacut in the title then 20CV in the description...
It came Magnacut, even though I am aware it still says 20cv in the description on Amazon. I risked it, and it paid òff. If it was 20cv I would have returned it.

And yes olive stonewash. Speaking of which, does anyone know of other model link aluminum scales would fit on each other? I want to get a blue one in 420HC and swap them to create a blue magnacut link

Kershaw has been releasing several of their designs in upgrade steels at a cost significantly below what their competition charges for knives in those blade steels. S30V, CPM 154, 20CV, and now magnacut.
I have a dividend in Magnacut, a Blur in S30V, a Leek in CPM 154, and a Link in 20CV, all of them made in the US.
Same here, Dividend in Magnacut, a Blur in S30V, and a Link in 20CV, except for the Leek in CPM154 as I don't care for the blade shape. All very good knives at fair prices with the upgraded steel.

I always liked the brawler, true to its name, a real pugilist if you ask me. Excelled in it's humble 8cr13mov, they outta try other steel outfits now

It came Magnacut, even though I am aware it still says 20cv in the description on Amazon. I risked it, and it paid òff. If it was 20cv I would have returned it.

And yes olive stonewash. Speaking of which, does anyone know of other model link aluminum scales would fit on each other? I want to get a blue one in 420HC and swap them to create a blue magnacut link
Homie, a lot of us enjoy swapping scales and making color combos that suit us; so you're not alone in that regard.

I've swapped Leek and Dividend scales before, so I'm confident another Link's scales will fit. They're the same model, after all. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work. Just be sure you have some quality torx drivers to get the job done.

Homie, a lot of us enjoy swapping scales and making color combos that suit us; so you're not alone in that regard.

I've swapped Leek and Dividend scales before, so I'm confident another Link's scales will fit. They're the same model, after all. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work. Just be sure you have some quality torx drivers to get the job done.
Great tip, my current torx bits will shred the hardware. That's my sentiment, too, it should work. But I will most likely try soon and then I will share my results 😀

Back