Kershaw Link

I think I've found it - the highest value USA made folder. It's model number is even 1776. At $38 at a major online retailer, $4 cheaper than the Leek, the Link absolutely blew me away when I received it. I thought it would feel terrible in the hand, but it doesn't. Dmitry Sinkevich designed, it's easily worth twice its price. The edge wasn't hair whittling sharp out of the box and the centering is off to the right, but that's it, and I'm willing to forgive both for the price. The grind looks thick but it cuts steak just as well as any pocket knife I've had. After carrying a Sebenza, I thought I'd never love again. But I do love this knife. Thanks for reading.

7rfGBVY.jpg

I picked up a Link the other day, the plastic handled one and really like it, the edge was not up to my standards but that was an easy fix. but a USA made knife at such a low price, I think I might need to get one of the aluminum ones just because.

IMG_1783%20copy.jpg

IMG_1786%20copy.jpg

How heavy does it feel? I avoided many heavy knives, but I noticed a dealer exclusive of this model with S35V...which caught my attention.

How heavy does it feel? I avoided many heavy knives, but I noticed a dealer exclusive of this model with S35V...which caught my attention.

I was just about to gripe about how disappointed I was in the Link that now sits in the dishonorable discharge spot in my car's glove compartment . . . but then saw the S35VN version you mentioned, and--wow, that's quite a deal.

That said, there are things about the base model I dislike in addition to the 420HC (though that's certainly what I dislike most about it, even though I'm certainly no steel snob and have Sandvik and 8Cr13MoV knives I like just fine for their purposes). To your question, the Link is kind of a pocket hog for what it is--thick handle and fairly heavy, but the rather slick handle isn't all that long. I wear only large size gloves but can't comfortably get four fingers on it without a lanyard. I really wanted to like it for a host of reasons, but I have other, cheaper knives--even cheaper Kershaws, like the Thermite--that I like a lot better, though sadly they're not made in the USA.

Nice! The Link is just a great knife and made in USA.

It's not a Sinkevich design, as Scurvy pointed out, but it's a great design just the same!

best

mqqn

That same Link 1776 was the 2nd "real knife" I bought, the first being a Kershaw Nerve on a closeout sale when they discontinued it. What an upgrade that was, and I blame that knife for making me realize that by spending a bit more money, you can get a lot more quality. You are not wrong about it being one of the best value knives around.

Congrats on your Link! It's such a great overall package.

That hollow grind makes this bad boy a wicked cutter, and the Blackwash just adds a touch of cool ;)

One of my favorite Kershaw knives, can't say enough good things about it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I wish those exclusives weren't in the bright red and blue aluminum, with the bright backspacer as well. Deep carry clip and upgraded steel are tempting though

I just ordered one of the blue special editions, US made, deep carry clip, and S35vn for under $80! Holy shit that is a great deal

It's a nice knife, but for someone who doesn't give a crap about where a knife is made as long as the quality holds up, I don't find it better than many of Kershaw's China made knives...when it comes to carry and ergos, I actually prefer several of them.

I have the blue version and already sold the 420hc one this is now a perfect match for my needs

Eddie loves his. You can tell by how happy he looks.

20160825_221306_zpsceadix2y.jpg

Just got mine today, and took it to work for the first time for a TON of cutting.
I absolutely LOVE this knife and I can't find anything disappointing about it. Nothing.
I got the one with the black handle and I'm so glad I did, love the grip and the look.
I like the look so much better than the smooth aluminum.
I'm so happy with this knife, really a joy to work with.
Great satisfaction all around.

Back