Kershaw/ZT Picture Thread!!! Let's See Em'!

vaaRh22.jpg

use is use....

This ol beast saved my leg from a chainsaw several years ago. Let that be a lesson: everyone at the base of the tree needs to know where the saw man is going to retreat to when it breaks bad.

8jQSVKN.jpg

Notice the cuts by the pivot. Think where your knife is while its clipped in your front pocket. The saw ate my work jacket, my belt, the canvas layer and the outside layer of the pocket fabric, finally the knife stopped the chain. I was wedge man. I was mid swing at a stack of wedges when we cut into dead wood and gravity took over our plans. Thing kicked back over the stump like 6 feet on top of all that, about got the house anyway. Good times.
Stupid ol broken pine tree about killed all three of us.

Thank you, Mr Cyclone.

After about a week carrying the 0308, I wanted to share my appreciation of a few of its design features. I love the design overall, especially how sleek it feels despite its substantial size and considerable weight, but these practical and aesthetic touches have also jumped out at me.

nTTsdAX.jpg

1. I initially thought "How cool would it be if both scales were titanium?" but I've since reconsidered. I love the milling pattern on the scales, but if it were on the show side it would look too busy in Ti. Doing it in coyote tan makes it a bit more subtle, without sacrificing texture.

2. The fact that the scale milling aligns with the pocket clip. I knew I was going to like this the moment I saw the knife, and that's been borne out by carrying it; it's such a breeze to pocket and retrieve (unlike, say, the 0200).

3. The "hump" on the handle. I wear a size L glove, and in saber grip my thumb naturally settles in the scallop just ahead of the hump. If I choke up, the hump nestles into my palm and locks it in just right. The same is true in hammer grip.

4. Hidden tang! The shape of the scale completely encapsulates the tang, leaving nothing sticking out.

5. No thumb studs or blade stops, plus a hidden stop pin. I'm not a knife designer, but a thumb stud seems like it'd have to go right about where the ZT logo is now; that would necessitate changing the shape of the choil, the scale, or both, and would slap a big ol' obstacle right in the cutting path. Like the hidden stop pin, skipping the thumb studs contributes to the 0308's sleekness -- and aesthetically, it puts the focus on the most dramatic elements, the hole and the milling.

6. The subtle flipper tab. I love the placement and the size, and aesthetically the hole is a lot of fun as well.

QFfoeDw.jpg

7. Speaking of the flipper tab, it's even more subtle when the knife is open. Yet it still works just fine as a guard.

og8TdV7.jpg

8. Perfect flipper jimping. It's not too deep, nor too shallow -- and on the end, where I lazily flick it open, it's smooth. This is such a well thought-out flipper tab.

7fq8fZh.jpg

9. And finally, although it's not a practical consideration, I'm enjoying the asymmetry of the scales. I don't see that on a lot of knives, and it's not dramatic enough to be noticeable in use -- just noticeable enough to be pleasing to my eye.

I'm thoroughly impressed by the 0308. I know the handle hole and size of the knife won't appeal to everyone, but if this knife is even somewhat in your wheelhouse I recommend handling one. It's a peach. :D

I got my 3rd 0562 in the mail today. I already had the ORBLK and CF, but knew I had to add the Ti model to my collection after it was released. There's just something about an all Titanium knife that makes it look like a million bucks, even though you can buy one brand new for $280 and a used one for around $200 in this case.:eek:
My apologizes for the dog hair in the one picture, it's pretty much impossible to keep my place dog hair/dust free with a Golden Retriever around the house.

U0BEFA2.jpg

8BGN5F8.jpg

CaP20PA.jpg

Back