Khabib v. Ferguson

Huge Khabib fan here, but you also gotta love Ferguson’s fighting style. Tony is probably the most dangerous opponent the Eagle has faced so far. Can’t wait for this fight.

Any MMA nuts in here? :D

Ferguson is dangerous everywhere and tough as hell. Khabib can be hit, its just that nobody has been able to stop his relentless wrestling attacks.

El Cucuy is legit out there mentally. He has the craziest work out videos you've ever seen. His wife filed for a restraining order against him just to get him to seek help. I think that is why one of the times he was supposed to fight Khabib fell through.

He won't be scared of Khabib's wrestling and is a pretty good wrestler himself with better submissions than Khabib. Definitely a better striker. Its more interesting than Khabib v McGregor, where you knew that if McGregor didn't knock him out in the first 3 or 4 minutes it was going to be Khabib by mauling.

Still, if i was a betting man I'd probably go for Khabib by 5 round decision. I think Ferguson has had a lot of injuries and general wear and tear on body and mind that Khabib will eventually wear him down.

Ferguson is dangerous everywhere and tough as hell. Khabib can be hit, its just that nobody has been able to stop his relentless wrestling attacks.

El Cucuy is legit out there mentally. He has the craziest work out videos you've ever seen. His wife filed for a restraining order against him just to get him to seek help. I think that is why one of the times he was supposed to fight Khabib fell through.

He won't be scared of Khabib's wrestling and is a pretty good wrestler himself with better submissions than Khabib. Definitely a better striker. Its more interesting than Khabib v McGregor, where you knew that if McGregor didn't knock him out in the first 3 or 4 minutes it was going to be Khabib by mauling.

Still, if i was a betting man I'd probably go for Khabib by 5 round decision. I think Ferguson has had a lot of injuries and general wear and tear on body and mind that Khabib will eventually wear him down.

I think this is a pretty solid assessment. The only part I might disagree with is Khabib “wearing him down”. Tony’s gas tank is ridiculous and if it goes 5 I think he’ll have more fight left in him than Khabib does. Khabib is just so good at what he does though. I think Tony’s ground game is next level too but I wonder if that confidence is going to make him too comfortable with the idea of being on the bottom vs Khabib. Tony’s a monster off his back but he’s never had a guy like Khabib on top of him. Can’t wait to see it!

IF.....it doesn't get postponed
If early stoppage ... Tony round 2, triangle choke or D'arce
If it goes five...Kkabib

It's such a tough fight. Its such a good matchup!!!! Get em El Cucuy! Tony's has a huge gas tank, his submissions, and unpredictability is his advantage. Khabibs grappling is ridiculous but Tony is good at scrambling. It's a pick em 50/50 fight. I want Tony but Khabib is a beast as well.

Khabib has been rocked before but so has Tony. I think the ultimate question is if Khabib takes down Tony, will Tony look for submissions or look to get back to his feet. Looking for submissions is a catch 22 for Tony as too much ground and pound from Khabib as Tony looks for a submission could lead to an early stoppage. However, Tony's submissions are ridiculously good. Nobody knows lol. This is what makes this fight so good. Just please make it better than Adesanya vs Romero lol!!!

Last edited:
Back