Khukri-watch 2009

I figured this would be a kind of fun thing to do. Goes kind of like this, if you see a khuk in popular media, alert the cantina! and if possible, post a picture or such of it.

For instance, in Ong-Bak, the Thai Warrior, during Tony Jaa's fight with Mad Dog, the knife Mad dog was given to fight Jaa with appeared to be a small khuk. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any photos to share, but that's the general idea.

Ready? Go!

i know that there was a resident evil movie where to protagonist held 2 khuks against the zombies.

Ironically, I was just thinking about this, a little while ago (maybe a week?), so I *do* have a couple of these.

The first one is from a while back, in Dracula, both the book and the 1993 movie version. In both, the character of Lord Godalming owns a khukuri, apparently a practical souvenir from his round-the-world travels with Quincy Morris. In the book, I think he uses it to finish off ol' Drac at the end, and in the Coppola film, we see Dr. Van Helsing borrow it, in order to behead Dracula's three "brides."

Also, I once saw it used in a grade-zilch cable movie, as the scary-looking tool of a small-time gangster. I won't offend you with the details.

From what I remember, Kevin Costner used one in Waterworld. Now there's a movie I haven't seen in a while...

link to pic

Last edited:
T. V. shows
Moonlight ,the lead vampire has in his vamp hunting kit a wire wrapped handled kukri
in series finally Angel one of the leads was taken out by a fly ing kukri
Big trouble in little China had 3 kukri's in the hands of the 3 storms (a scene which began my kukri love affair
of course the Van damn flick Cyborg had tons o kukris including the al mar pathfinder

the indy movie Demons Inc in pre production will feature
HI kuks heavlly

On Deadly Ground (1994), long hand-to-hand fight scene toward the end of this god awful movie, one of Steven Seagal's countless mercenary adversaries wields two khuks.

On the BBC website they confiscated a khuk (surely a cheap tourist model) and a hunting knife from some guy...there was pic of a cop holding both and looking rediculious..I have it around here somewhere
aaah..here it is
_45522246_-51.jpg

Back