Khukuri Owner!

After bugging you all with tenderfoot questions in several posts, I have finally become a Khukuri owner.I received my GH Service #1 yesterday.I wish that I was qualified to give a scholarly evaluation, but I'm not.Allow me to just say that it's beautiful and sharp!It feels great in my hand.The sheath is nicely built, and the utility blades feel as if they are meant to work.This is a whole lot of knife for the bucks, and I have already ordered my second one.Craig, you really picked me out a nice one and I deeply appreciate it.I have also ordered a copy of Gurkhas by Farwell.This is a fascinating branch of knife collecting, in that it is so much more.Thanks all, for your help.

------------------
"To grow older is inevitable.To grow UP is optional."

AlaChoctaw, I'm glad you like your SN1. You should get a copy of this months Blade (if you don't already have one). On page 6 is an excellent article by the editor-in-chief, Steven Dick. It's about knife testing and finding a knife with the right balance between a knife that's as "tough as nails" and one that "cuts like a light saber." A good advertisement, I think, for khukuris.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Back