1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Khukuri Pox strikes again

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by Thomas Linton, May 22, 2019.

1. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    For some reason there was little interest for this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Well I dont know where you were looking for interest but im highly interested! PM me if you are looking to rid of that! Otherwise tell us more about it pls. Is it from IMA/AC? Ive tried to find a Lambenth or Hanshee like that for a while with no luck. Awesome blade Thomas.

3. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    I may not sell here with my membership so it's not for sale.

It showed up on ePrey and there was a surprising lack of interest.

4. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I look there regularly, and never saw it. Maybe you should try again, and make sure to include the keywords "khukuri" and "vintage".

Or invest ten bucks on a Gold membership so you can sell it here on the Exchange.

The sheath looks like it's ready for a decent burial, but the blade is quite attractive.

5. Bookie

Bookie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Bookie says: I like it!

6. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    I have looked there regularly for 19 years, not long before I joined this forum, and my search includes many spellings and misspellings, including "khukuri," but not "vintage" as that term is meaningless on eBay, adding nothing, much like "antique" or "wow."

I do not sell. I have expressed no interest in selling this or any other knife on BF. Some here actually post out of interest and the perhaps naive assumption that others might also be interested.

The scabbard leather is still supple, including for the accessory pouches. All stitches are intact. There is a bash at one upper corner, revealing the wood. Life. The frog is missing. It does not appear to have ever had a Chape,

The khukuri is 18" long in a straight line from handle center to point. 5/16" at the spine.

No markings.

tedwca likes this.
  7. ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    also: " For some reason there was little interest for this one" ....The implication was that you were selling it on the auction site with little interest and knowledge to anyone so please understand our overwhelming interest regardless of your ambiguous reason to post. It is a cool blade and im sure we all can agree there. Thanks for clearing up your intentions.

8. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    I am fully responsible for all my implications, ambiguities and errors, of which I am sure there are many, but not the inferences of others. You would not have noticed, but I have shown over the years that I know the rules and follow them to the best of my ability. I got the khukuri relatively cheap - surprisingly so - which I put down to a lack of interest in what I thought was a nice example of the kami's art. Usually the sharks are more aggressive.

9. ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.