Khukuri Sheath Makers

calyth

#!/bin/sh of a man
Sorry if I didn't search hard enough, please don't flame me.
The search engine wasn't complying with me.
I need to know who would make a nice sheath for a used Khukuri, preferably in Canada because you know how customs are ;)

www.leatherwork.com will take you to Dix Leatherworks in Alberta, Canada. They do custom knife sheaths for large knives like bowies. Maybe they can handle a khukri. Good luck, and let us know.

Sarge

I'm here in Indianapolis, INdiana, and I could whip you up a kydex lined leather sheath. Stitched or riveted, or both, etc.

Since it its the khukuri they would object to shipping, perhaps you could trace the outline of the khukuri onto paper, make a measurement of the spine width at the base, middle and 2 inches from the tip of the blade (or just trace the spine too) and we could see what to do from there.

I can "cuir bolli" the leather, which is a hot-beeswax impregnated leather, very durable and element proof.

Email me at kasauers@peregrine.com if interested.

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

Sorry for not replying.
I've forgotten about this thread.
It's mainly for a friend of mine who recently acquired a Khukuri, and he needed a new sheath.
I'll let him know. Thanks a lot and sorry for the late reply.

I sent a khuk to Terry Sisco for some work when the Sarki shop was still open. There were no customs problems.

Edited for the poor grammar taught to me in public school. :(

Originally posted by BruiseLeee
I sent a khuk to Terry Sisco for some work when he was still the Sarki shop was still open. There were no customs problems.

I'm glad that Saudi Princes get preferential treatment. They get it here in Aspen as well. Nearly got run over by the whole entourage back in college when they made a run for Banana Republic. Yikes.

Uncle,
I was gonna reopen, but a new job, 12 hour days and 7 day work week(for awhile) kinda stopped that idea. Maybe in the near future!
I miss doing the work.
God Bless.
Terry

Back