Kirby Wise-Fraser FSA Scot. Legendary Blades

I want to announce a new website domain for "Kirby Wise, Legendary Blades", name additions and new photos on our website.

Kirby Wise-Fraser FSA Scot. & Son
Arms and Armour (also known as "Legendary Blades")
www.kirbywise.com

We used to have a Tripod address but their increasing popups were causing problems with viewers and received several complaints from customers. I edited all my old archived BladeForum threads to show this website address change.

First, our 24 year old son has been helping his father in the shop since he was 17. So in honor of this a "B" has been added to Kirby's well known "K over an Anvil" 50 year old trademark. For the last few years, this has been done to all wares leaving the shop.

Secondly, Kirby was elected and made "Fellow" of the Royal Society of Antiquaries of Scotland in 2003 and why the added "FSA Scot.". He has had the hyphenated name of "- Fraser" for many years since being a member of the Clan Fraser Association of So. Calif. (chartered Sept of the Frasers of Lovat) since 1966. But in the USA, this has caused some confusion so rarely used it. But after made a Fellow, included it in the website.

Kirby was made "Clan Armourer" by warrant the late 18th Lord Lovat, Simon (MacShimi) Fraser, 24th Chief of the Frasers of Lovat and was reaffirmed by the present 19th Lord Lovat, Christopher Fraser, 25th Chief.

Kirby has been making quality blades (and other edged weaponry) using tradtional methods of forging and tempering for the past 50 years. Using 5160 for his sword, dagger and spearheads. The site also shows many other styles of edged weaponry nor is he limited to just what you see on the site.

Laurie Wise FSA Scot.

Kirby Wise-Fraser FSA Scot. & Son
Arms and Armour
www.kirbywise.com

Very nice website. Welcome to bladeforums.

it would be nice if you could post some photos of your product being tested.there is a nice seax style blade that you have on your site, being that you stete that it is likely 5160, it should be a great cutter.

Cerberus:thumbup:

I sure like what I see on the website. There is a knife there in the axes & dagger section, just below the first dagger to the left. It has a white handle. Could you please tell what that style is called? It interests me very much.

Sorry for not coming to check this sooner.

By the way, if anyone got a bounced back email after trying to contact us using the Frames "E MAIL US" link, it has been fixed. All other email links work on the site.

That is a Short Sax with a bone handle. The artwork is handcut piercework/overlay. The 12 inch blade is handforged/tempered Spring Steel. We include heavy leather scabbards with all our blades. We make several different styles of them using bone or hardwood. Single piece or two piece riveted slabbed style. You will find a couple of other bone handled Short Saxes listed in the "Dark Ages" page whose handles were "aged". Another smaller one with a white bone handle and a hardwood two piece style. Blade length averages about 10 to 12 inches. But we have made them with longer blades up to 24 inches. We have made them with the Elder Futhark inlaid the blade. Others may have bindrunes or designs.

The Viking Long Sax is different in that it is actually a type of sword with a 26 to 28 inch straight single edged blade, short cross guard and a triangular pommel. It does not have the clip point.

Back