kissing crane brown mule soddie??

saw these on ragweed forge,,, and like so many things on there the price is right, carbon blades etc...does anybody have any experiences with these??

The German made Brown Mules a great knives for the back pocket, take a great edge and are no problem to sharpen.

This is, of course, assuming they're German. Kissing Crane has been known to advertise "German steel" and hide behind a bunch of random terms when some of their knives are made in China.

I have one of the Brown Mules, needed to have the edge touched up but otherwise just about as nice as can be for the little I payed for it. The handle is totally round instead of flattened like the Case sodbuster if that is a concern for you.

I have one of the German made Brown Mules, and I would say the KC35 is a great knife for the money. The handle is very handfilling and the wood looks really good. The backspring is very firm as well. For the price you will not be disappointed.

I have one I bought secondhand, can't tell where it was made. Good blade steel, pivot was a little loose but tightened right up, some gaps between wood, scales, and bolsters that don't affect function. Could have been used hard by someone else. Good size between a Case Soddie & Soddie Jr. that suits me better than either. Getting to be a favorite EDC.

mjn--- Or anyone. How did you tighten the pivot? Tap on it? Thanks.

I got a new one off eBay recently. The spring is tight, and the overall finish was fine for a knife that was $15 shipped. The fit is a bit off, though. The spring sticks out a little in the back when it's opened, so the back is only smooth when it's closed. Not a big deal, but not perfect, either.

Back