!!!!KIT!!!! where has the service area gone???

Kit I can't find the service area, it mite be because I can only see red right now... :grumpy:

I renewed and upgraded ( i Believe it's an up grade $50.00) up to platinum
over a week ago I think it was..
now today I find I can't post in the for sale forum :grumpy:

what's up with that, please move this to where Kevin will see this,
soon please. also My JDM5160 post has been removed, I'm still selling it why has it been removed?
I need to post information that ED Fowler is offering to make billets from the JDM5160 steel for the Stock grinders..
thanks for the help

I did the same thing when my renewal came up Dan. Looks like Spark could make up a new category for knifemakers that want more storage space etc..... Platinum/knifemaker whatever status or something like it.

Sorry -- put the wrong post in here. That's what happens when you're dealing with too many problems at once.... :eek:

Cougar Allen said:
We have banned platinum members, and knifemaker members, etc. The monthly Plank Log is in the Service & Support forum -- the thread for the current month is a sticky; previous months are not stuck to the top of the thread list but they're still there in the forum and can be found with a search.

The whole idea of "sides" is pretty ridiculous here -- we're talking about a knife, people, not about patriotism.... But it seems some people from other forums THINK they're taking Mick Strider's side and helping him out by making personal attacks on everybody who's ever seen a Strider knife they considered less than perfect.

We're making every effort to avoid banning anybody. I keep telling people if they come to their senses and apologize and/or edit their personal attacks that would be a good thing ... I'm giving people time to think twice about what they've posted in the heat of discussion ...

And, of course, there are many people who've come here from other forums to take part in this discussion who have not been banned and won't be. Even if they think they're on somebody's "side" and they think they're in some kind of fight, if they can follow the rules they're welcome here.

Cougar :confused:
what in the world has this to do with me, and my thread?

thanks kit I think? I'm confused now..but that's normal :confused:

I looked the post up by my link to it.. and as of then I could only see the curant postings on the one page..maybe once I can post I'll see more options?

Cougar Allen said:
Sorry -- pasted the wrong post in here. That's what happens when you're dealing with too many problems at once.... :eek:

well that exsplains that :D

Just post a message in the service and support forum Dan. Look under the general heading and it's at the bottom of the page.

What I meant to say here was:

I'm not sure what you mean by "can't find the service area" but some forums are only visible when you're logged in. You have to be logged in to post, too -- can you find it now? If something is wrong even when you're logged in please post again with details. I'll move this thread to Service & Support ...

Mark Williams said:
Just post a message in the service and support forum Dan. Look under the general heading and it's at the bottom of the page.

that's what I couldn't find Mark

now I'm Band for life for something I didn't do :(

;) :D

I'll poke around again..TX

Cougar Allen said:
What I meant to say here was:

I'm not sure what you mean by "can't find the service area" but some forums are only visible when you're logged in. You have to be logged in to post, too -- can you find it now? If something is wrong even when you're logged in please post again with details. I'll move this thread to Service & Support ...

I was logged in Cougar
or it would have offered a box to log into I believe
and I posted this thread on this same session so that's not the problem.

Look for "Bladeforums Service & Support" in the list of general forums. They're in alphabetical order and it's under B for Bladeforums. :cool:

That forum is visible even if you're not logged in, but sometimes people can't find it because they're looking under S instead of under B.

I just tried it again..
it has my login name or it wouldn't reconize me right?

here is what it say's

Dan Gray, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I'm blocked from it for some reason?? maybe if I go back to Knife maker it will work , but you know I'd need a refund :)

edited I really don't care much about the Service area,, it's the posting problem on for sale forum, or are you saying I have to go there to complain ,, now.. :confused:

What is the specific thing you are trying to do that is resulting in this error

I get it now! I'm sorry, I've been dealing with several things at once and I skimmed your first post too fast to see the problem.

Your problem is you got yourself a Platinum membership thinking it was an upgrade and not realizing only Knifemaker members can post in the Knifemaker forum. That was a mistake; you need to go back to a Knifemaker membership. I see Spark has seen this thread now it's in Bladeforums Service & Support; he can help you.

Cougar Allen said:
I get it now! I'm sorry, I've been dealing with several things at once and I skimmed your first post too fast to see the problem.

Your problem is you got yourself a Platinum membership thinking it was an upgrade and not realizing only Knifemaker members can post in the Knifemaker forum. That was a mistake; you need to go back to a Knifemaker membership. I see Spark has seen this thread now it's in Bladeforums Service & Support; he can help you.

great so bigger is not better??

I really think if it matters this that should be highlighted for the ones like me that can't understand why more money will get you less?

Kevin what am I going to do? you have my money..
Knife maker status is just that a name, anyone can get it with the money
I would think if I pay for bigger and better I'd get bigger and better?

edited to add bigger and better to me is not more posting space I have my own to use,

It's not the first time this has happened. Spark, can't we just give all Platinum members access to post in that forum? Those who aren't knifemakers just won't post any ads there; what's the harm in giving them all access?

Dan Gray said:
great so bigger is not better??

I really think if it matters this that should be highlighted for the ones like me that can't understand why more money will get you less?

Kevin what am I going to do? you have my money..
Knife maker status is just that a name, anyone can get it with the money
I would think if I pay for bigger and better I'd get bigger and better?

edited to add bigger and better to me is not more posting space I have my own to use,

Kevin
it's been said

this is all I found when I thought I was upgrading

Platinum Member
Platinum Membership has it's rewards! Not only do you get all the benefits of a Gold Membership, but you also are able to change your own custom title, get 5mb of attachment storage, and storage of 100 private messages.

I really think you'll a few less problems if you add a bit of text some where in between Knife maker and Gold,,so the ones going from Knife maker to plat
knows what's going to happen...JMHO here

Cougar Allen said:
It's not the first time this has happened. Spark, can't we just give all Platinum members access to post in that forum? Those who aren't knifemakers just won't post any ads there; what's the harm in giving them all access?
the point is
at a money stand point why deni adds either?.. it don't make sense?

Like I said anyone can get a knife makers status as long as he pays...and Plat pays more..

Ok, it's fixed. Plats can sell in the Knifemaker forums now

Back