Kizer Cormorant... Rit dyed

Absolutely love this knife. SO many ways to deploy the blade, and the button lock makes it a fidgeter! BUT... even before I received it I knew it would be my first Rit dye effort. I was torn between blue and red. Here’s the result, which I’m very pleased with. Sapphire Blue synthetic dye with about a 8-10 minute dunk. Also, the knife was simple to dismantle and reassemble. Just watch out with the spring in the button lock!
OVeY4Ui.jpg

And just after reassembly:

fbtVpFd.jpg

Great job! That looks good.

I know this design is pretty polarizing and for me I wish a couple of things were different for me to get one. I appreciate that they are willing to make stuff like this though.

Hopefully they will keep the opening methods and lock and change the design for other models.

Just a headsup on KC
They will list discontinued items as "delayed by manufacturer" and your order will hang in limbo forever. I had this happen to me on a WE604 a long time ago...that knife never came into stock.

I love KC as a company, but that's one thing which is a tad annoying. I would look elsewhere as well as an alternative to KC.

Of course, I really hope it will go back into stock...but hope for the best plan for the worse.

I'm considering doing it on mine too. But I kinda like that white g-10. Looks like stormtrooper knife.

I've heard from knife designer - "Doctor_EDC", that they're working on next batch. Also planning Cormorant 2.0 with more classic design on scales. I bought mine from a friend.

333Z8ye.jpg

Back