Kizer Cormorant... Rit dyed

Absolutely love this knife. SO many ways to deploy the blade, and the button lock makes it a fidgeter! BUT... even before I received it I knew it would be my first Rit dye effort. I was torn between blue and red. Here’s the result, which I’m very pleased with. Sapphire Blue synthetic dye with about a 8-10 minute dunk. Also, the knife was simple to dismantle and reassemble. Just watch out with the spring in the button lock!
OVeY4Ui.jpg

And just after reassembly:

fbtVpFd.jpg

Great job! That looks good.

I know this design is pretty polarizing and for me I wish a couple of things were different for me to get one. I appreciate that they are willing to make stuff like this though.

Hopefully they will keep the opening methods and lock and change the design for other models.

Dergyll

Gold Member
Just a headsup on KC
They will list discontinued items as "delayed by manufacturer" and your order will hang in limbo forever. I had this happen to me on a WE604 a long time ago...that knife never came into stock.

I love KC as a company, but that's one thing which is a tad annoying. I would look elsewhere as well as an alternative to KC.

Of course, I really hope it will go back into stock...but hope for the best plan for the worse.

I'm considering doing it on mine too. But I kinda like that white g-10. Looks like stormtrooper knife.

I've heard from knife designer - "Doctor_EDC", that they're working on next batch. Also planning Cormorant 2.0 with more classic design on scales. I bought mine from a friend.

333Z8ye.jpg