Kizer Intrepid Available at Knifecenter!

That looks fantastic, though I think their measurements are a bit off. Although, if you and Kizer did manage to jam a 4.125" blade into a 4.25" handle I'm even more impressed by y'all than I already was! ;)

Ray, a friend just got one and had it routed to my house first, to check it over and sharpen if needed. WOW that is a very cool knife, great job you did and Kizer put out a fine looking/handling folder! So much so that in order to fund it, I had to sell my newly purchased Gemini ;) but, that Intrepid is hard to resist sir!
G2

A question for Kizer rep, the packaging for the Kizer knives.

The Gemini had a very nice hard case box with a magnet flap type cover and included what looks like a micro fiber cloth with Kizer embossed in the corner.

The Intrepid arrived in a light cardboard box, inside a plastic baggy...some paper stuff and nuttin' else. Seems strange the more expensive didn't include much at all.
G2

Mine is enroute, my friends is packed up, so it's with great patience that I await the brown trucks arrival from The Knife Center ;)

G2

Last edited:
Couldn't resist ordering an Intrepid for $190 which is $30 less than most places and well worth it at that price. Curious to see how well it matches up in quality to my high-quality and practical Gemini.

I knew I was getting one but not this soon. Glad I waited a little.

That's a great price, I was sunk once I saw my friends, waiting was never my strong suit ;) I hope yours arrives as good as these two were !
G2

Received my new Intrepid. Same great fit and finish as my Gemini.

Only real complaint is the rather weak detent. It still flips open fairly well but I can also open by inertia alone by holding it upside down and snapping my wrist. The heavy blade helps there. Nice blade shape, grind and very sharp. Solid centering, no blade play and nice lockup.

At 5.67 ounces it's kind of on the heavy side for a 3.6" blade.

The nice packaging of the Gemini is missing!

My Intrepid arrived with what appears to be a small rub mark on the handle finish.

It's otherwise spot on -- it's so nice I'd hate to have to send it back.

And, yes, the detent is not as strong as that of the Gemini but it seems perfect to me.

I prefer smaller knives like the Gemini so I'm a bit surprised to find that I like the Intrepid so much.

One advantage of the weaker detent on the Inrepid relative to the Gemini is that you can easily open the folder one handed using your thumb on the blade hump.

Generally I buy flippers to flip. I don't mind if other opening methods are available, but I almost never rely on them. I'd rather use a little wrist flick if I have to. Besides, the detent on an Intrepid can't be worse than it is on an XM-18, right? ;)

One thing I will say is that the detent on the Gemini was perfect out of the box. The light switch opening method (which is the most natural opening method for me by far) works every single time without fail, no wrist flick required. :)

Last edited:
The detent on the Intrepid is nothing like the limp one on the XM-18. On the other hand, the detent on the Gemini is as good as it gets. Intrepid doesn't open in the pocket. It's a big and heavy blade plus flips well.

I like alternative opening mechanisms on flippers for stealth. Sometimes the noise of hard opening alarms people. I can open the Intrepid silently with one hand. On the Gemini I need two hands.

I take it you're not much for AO's either. ;) :D

If I found myself in a situation where I needed to open my knife in a stealthy way, having to use two hands to do it probably wouldn't be an issue. But then to be perfectly honest, I've never had to do that because I don't use my knife tactically and I always consider my circumstances before I reach for it. If I'm not willing to make a sound when I open my knife, I'm not willing to open it at all.

Last edited:
A question for Kizer rep, the packaging for the Kizer knives.

The Gemini had a very nice hard case box with a magnet flap type cover and included what looks like a micro fiber cloth with Kizer embossed in the corner.

The Intrepid arrived in a light cardboard box, inside a plastic baggy...some paper stuff and nuttin' else. Seems strange the more expensive didn't include much at all.
G2

Hi, G2:

The difference in packaging is a result of our effort at updating our brand. We believe that we have great designers and great production team, now we are looking to increase the visual appeal on the packaging themselves.

We have a few types of packaging that are being released, there might be a bit of overlap as inventories cross paths due to different release times, as you have noticed. We will do our best to standardize all of our packages for the different series and expect to have this achieved as 2016 approaches.

Thank you.

Kizer

Very nice, I appreciate your reply and look forward to new releases.
G2

Back