Kizer Ki423

I tried taking my knife apart and kind of scratched and mucked up the pivot pin (was not successfull at taking it apart).
How do I do this and does Kizer sell new ones? I would like them to sell a new kind that would accommodate a T size wrench.
Any suggestions.
Thank you.

That's actually just a large torx pivot - the outward radial slots are just decoration.

My Kizer Ki405 uses a T-30; my friends Ki3404 uses a T-25

If you don't have those sizes, I'd take the knife with you in your pocket to a hardware store selling those larger sizes and try a 25 or 30 or so. Seriously, it's just a larger torx screw with decorative radial slots.

It must be the tools I have (harbor freight) none of them fit(Chinese tools Chinese knives :confused:). It seems that pivot needs a T28. It must be me. Thank you

I ground the tip of a wide flat blade screw driver tool to a chisel edge and use that to adjust my Kizers. It works OK, just make sure to get a firm seat in the pivot or you'll slide out and scratch it up.

Yea that's what happened with the T30 that I used I filed it down a little and it kept jumping out. I scratched the pivot a bit. I'll try the screw driver thing next.
Thank you.

The good news is, I've heard rumor that Kizer is going completely to standard Torx construction in future designs...and steel lock bar inserts!

The good news is, I've heard rumor that Kizer is going completely to standard Torx construction in future designs...and steel lock bar inserts!

I don't see the point of either. I find it weird that kids need to take everything apart. My Ki423 is flawless. I don't forsee ever needing to take it apart.

Back