Kizer Ki447A2

I received this Kizer Ki447A2 a few weeks ago and have to say I'm really impressed.

The quality, fit & finish is excellent. I gave it a through going over with a magnifying glass and an 8 X lupe and really couldn't find any flaws. Like I said excelent f&f.

It flips nice and smooth with sound solid early lock up. The flame design on the handle is not only decorative but is also functional, it lends itself nicely to a very sure grip. For me the ergo's are very good, I also like that it has good blade size, 3 3/4" long and 3/16" thick. Overall I'm very impressed with the complete package.

This is my first Kizer but based on first impressions I bought another one from a member here and just ordered a Ki5401A2 that I'm very much looking forward to.

I like to give credit where credit is due and must say this knife exceeded my expectations. Especially for the price! I'd read mostly good reviews of Kizer knives from those that have one and was anxious to try one myself. Got a great deal so I pulled the trigger and very glad I did.

I know the real test is the test of time and how well the knife and blade hold up with use. That said, based on my first impressions and having it a few weeks I fully expect I'll be just as happy with this knife six months down the line. We'll see.

Just wanted to share my thoughts and impressions of this new brand and also say thanks to those who have been posting here as it's been very helpful and informative.

All the best!
j9HhwzW.jpg

Lkssjox.jpg

2sImLqY.jpg

yPH3MZC.jpg

AYCwrAO.jpg

I own the Ki5401A2 and it's a very nice knife. Shockingly nice since I paid only about $105 for it. I'm pretty sure I found at least one nit to pick in the F&F department, but I don't have the knife on me and I can't remember what it was, that's how minor an issue it is. Kizer has made me a believer, I don't love the prices on all of their knives, but they also have some incredible steals, particularly if you're a fan of the titanium framelocks that dominate the current market.

If Kizer can license or develop a really good, proprietary locking mechanism (or heck, if they just wait until the patents expire on locks like the Axis and Compression and start using those) they're going to see a very large chunk of my spending money.

Thanks for the heads up and impression of the Ki5401A2 you have. I just ordered it so I'm eagerly awaiting it's arrival.

If the two Kizer's I have so far are any indication of thing's to come and I'm just as please with the Ki5401A2 I must agree that they will be seeing a decent chunk of my spending cash too!

Although ti frame locks aren't necessarily my favorite design, there's just something about a well done frame lock that for me never gets old and I I find very appealing...

I own the Ki5401A2 and it's a very nice knife. Shockingly nice since I paid only about $105 for it. I'm pretty sure I found at least one nit to pick in the F&F department, but I don't have the knife on me and I can't remember what it was, that's how minor an issue it is. Kizer has made me a believer, I don't love the prices on all of their knives, but they also have some incredible steals, particularly if you're a fan of the titanium framelocks that dominate the current market.

If Kizer can license or develop a really good, proprietary locking mechanism (or heck, if they just wait until the patents expire on locks like the Axis and Compression and start using those) they're going to see a very large chunk of my spending money.

I agree with you that for the dollars paid Kizer is really killing it right now, their lineup is pretty varied and the current/upcoming collabs are great. Probably going to pick up the Ki3457 Splinter soon and the Fortunado when it comes out.

The patents on the Axis and Compression won't expire, or rather the date for the original will but there are updated patent filings that will keep them proprietary for some time most likely. They could use the Bolt Action, or attempt to make a top notch production button lock flipper (would love to see this), or maybe a pick lock. Or really go for it and have G&G Hawk make something for them.

Back