Kizer Mini Sheepdog Ti (choil mod)

Just got this in yesterday, cut the choil last night. Really improves the ergos for me, and very little cutting edge removed (less than 1/8") - that big ole flipper tab got reduced drastically in the process. Action is still the same - nice dialed in detent, if a bit on the softer side, drops shut w/ the slightest shake. This guy slices like a beast too! A keeper for sure.

I68Rmjw.jpg
3mtXF7L.jpg
vDMtAT0.jpg

Question please. Considering a sheepdog but hearing some bad reviews about weak detents making the knife not fully deploy. I have no issue with softer detent and not really a fan of bust a finger hard ones either, but do want the knife to deploy reliably.

So, what’s the truth on these?

Last edited:
Question please. Considering a sheepdog but hearing some bad reviews about weak detents making the knife not fully deploy. I have no issue with softer detent and not really a fan of bust a finger hard ones either, but do want the knife to deploy reliably.

So, what’s the truth on these?

The one I have has about the best detent and flipping action of any flipper I have owned, jets out of the frame very fast.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

And Agartha Audio Agartha Audio your mod looks great, what did you use to do that as I need to do the same to mine now!

G2

Yikes that had to take some time to do for sure, but looks like it was worth the trouble.

These mini-sheepdogs really cut well, I find I use mine more than I thought I would.

Thanks,
G2

I opted not to lose any of the edge and just knocked down that big block of metal to a more reasonable shape, I am sure that the designer came up with that to be different than the rest and it shows, but for my use and carry, it just seemed to blocky for me.

I had a coarse 6" grinding wheel that I used the corner of to grind in the area and then finished it with a smoother stone on my Dremel setup, came out smooth and still flips great.

as compared to how she was

G2

I ended up going further, and chopping off the flipper tab, reprofiling the blade for a slightly pointier tip, and then stonewashed and oxiclean darkened the scales:
PjmDZLo.jpg
zKYfVR5.jpg
6CdtMXP.jpg
xrj1PVB.jpg
gjr4cvy.jpg
JEyPyTK.jpg

Nice, the one thing I also did on mine was to cut in some jimping on the lockbar as it was beveled and highly polished which made it hard to get a grip on to unlock the blade!
G2

Looks like on the frame lock you have more of a purchase so might not be as bad, but on the liner lock, it was just silly, a cut off wheel on my Dremel and the area looks like it was made that way and a much better traction to help unlock the bar.
G2

Okay who do I have to pay to get this done on my Sheepdog? It looks so much better with a choil for sure

Back