Kizer Sealion issue

So I got a Sealion about a month ago. Love the knife but noticed on Kizers website that disassembly is prohibited. The problem here is that the knife doesnt flip well at all. Came to me super oily and only flips consistently with a flick of the wrist. What is my best course of action here? I tried to loosen the pivot slightly but it is loctited together with t8s on both sides.

In actual real life; disassembly does not void the Kizer warranty. If you damage something like screws Kizer will only charge for the parts - so they tell me - but so far no one has ever been charged with us. Even guys wanting spare lockbar inserts get them for free.

We had one guy who claimed the back spacer on his Dukes was broken. We ordered the part and Kizer sent a complete parts set - all the screws, pivots, washers, bearings and back spacers for free.

You might need to use a hair dryer to loosen the loctite. Once it's apart a good clean and Nano Oil or KPL should make it run better.

The hair dryer trick was perfect info. Slathered in loctite with the added benefit of a big chunk of flashing from a bearing on one side binding the whole thing up Cleaned and light oiled everything and it runs like an absolute dream. What a sweet little flipper.

Excellent. This is exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you.

And maybe for the next time .... use the correct size Torx!
A majority of folding knives (and almost all Kizer knives including this Sealion) use T9 for the larger screws and pivots and T6 for the small screws.
That this size is not in every tool kit doesn't mean that it is not used by knife manufacturers...

A little aggressive but appreciate the input. I have t9s, just never thought to try them. Thanks.

Lol I actually enjoy the straight forward style. No offense taken here.
72506752.jpg

And maybe for the next time .... use the correct size Torx!
A majority of folding knives (and almost all Kizer knives including this Sealion) use T9 for the larger screws and pivots and T6 for the small screws.
That this size is not in every tool kit doesn't mean that it is not used by knife manufacturers...
I have been working with knife pivots and Torx sizes for years now and would normally agree with you on your comment but I recently had to adjust the pivot on a Kizer knife I had just received. I got out my Torx set and started trying bits and I finally ended up having to use a Torx15. Thats the first time I ever used a 15 on any of my knives. I emailed Kizer and they replied to use an 8. I don't think Kizer has there specs up to date. By the way that was on a Kizer Ki4450Ti2.

The replies you get are from a sales / customer service person and yes, they generally don't know anything about technical details (unfortunately...).
Sales and production are also not on the same location so they can not simply walk over and ask the people that know.
Oh, btw that pivot on the Ki4450Ti is in fact an Allen key nut... (metric size but not exactly sure of the size).

Back